New Friend?

N'diyah POV:

I woke up real early in the morning to go see my mom. It been a minute since I've seen her and even tho she's put me through so much she's still my mother and I love her drugs or not.

I knocked on her apartment door and a man came to the door naked. He looked no older than 23.

"Hey umm is Lisa here?" I asked lowly but I guess he heard me.

"Yeah umm my fault for coming to the door naked that shit disrespectful." He said letting me in and I just stood by the door till she came to the front.

She came back with a pink silk robe on. I then realize how she didn't look as bad as she use to maybe she was getting help.

"Heyy baby what brings you by?" She asked as she sat down lighting a cigarette.

"Hey umm nothing I just haven't seen you and a minute and I just wanted to see if you was okay." I said lowly I still wasn't comfortable with talking around my momma like I was around Tae.

"I'm fine baby I'm getting better and I'm truly sorry for putting you and Luxe through what I did I wasn't a mother to y'all. I got you to raise Luxe and now she thinks you here mother and that hurts me now I apologize baby I do. I start rehab tomorrow and Dave has been helping me out with being sober on the daily and keeps me motivated." She gave me a small smile as tears came falling from her eyes.

I got up and hugged my momma. I know y'all thinking "oh this bitch abandoned you and your sister and you forgiving her?" Well yes I am cause at the end of the day she's still my momma and you only get one momma so why not forgive her?.

"I love you momma." I said kissing her forehead.

"I love you more baby. Now I want you to meet Dave since his ass came to the door butt ass naked." She said laughing.

"I apologize miss lady but I'm Dave your mothers boyfriend and the one who's helping her get clean." He said shaking my hand but I just looked at it cause nigga ion know what you and my momma been doing.

"I'll pass on the handshake but how did you meet my momma?"

"Well I was at the corner store up the street and she looked hungry so I asked her if she was hungry she said yeah and I told her let me just get a backwood and I'll take her to get some to eat she agreed and it went from there." He said as my mom laid on his shoulder.

"Soo what about her addiction what you do when you found out?"

"She been told me she had kids but when I came by to take her to the grocery store I saw her doing cocaina and I cussed ha ass out cause Ian like that so I took her to the rehab but they said if she plans on going there she gotta be sober so with that been said I made her give me all her drugs and I cleaned her up. Of course she had them days she'll become paranoid or have them sweating nights and I stayed by her side every time. I see something in your momma that she don't see in herself but ima fix her up believe that." He kissed my mom

I had tears coming from my eyes because this man who didn't know shit about my momma helped her not only that he stayed by her side each step of the way when he didn't have to do that but he did. I thought my mom would die because of drugs but knowing that someone was willing to help her and she took it makes me happy.

"Aww baby don't cry." My momma said.

"Im fine momma I'm just happy that's all."

"Thanks to Dave I wouldn't be sober right now."

We all talked for a couple of hours until I had to go cause my babies were hungry. I said my goodbyes and told my momma I'll come visit her in rehab. I made my way to food lion and bumped this girl she was real short maybe 5'0, brown skin with, long box braids she was really pretty.