Can't fix what isnt broken

N'diyah POV:

When I finally stood up to Amira I felt some weigh lift up off my shoulders. For once Ian let no bitch bitch me. When Dontae kissed me Ian know how to feel. It felt so right to kiss him I felt butterflies. But then again he was high so I really didn't know.

Once we made it to his house I went and took a shower and he gave me one of his white oversized t-shirts and some boxers until tomorrow when I go get Luxe and my clothes. I laid in bed next to him and he pulled me on top of him and looked me in my eyes.

"You know that kiss wasn't no high kiss. I really like you but I'm afraid to get deep in contact with you and people come after you because of my lifestyle." He sad still making eye contact.

"Look I know what packet comes with you and yes being with you I will have to face consequences but I'm willing to face them just for you. Dontae I wanna change you to be the man I know you can be. You got a beautiful little girl who needs her father here with her not in a casket somewhere six feet under you know? I just want you to see what I see." I said searching his eyes for thought.

"You make me see shit different. You sho ain't lie when you said you gone make me go soft. I understand that you want me to do better but getting outta the game isn't easy baby."

"Ian say it was easy I You gotta become a change man for your daughter I know you wanna see your daughter grow up into a beautiful intelligent woman shes gonna be all I'm saying is make a change now before it's too late."

I kissed his forehead and laid on his chest leaving him in deep thought. After watching tv for a couple of hours I fell asleep.

"Yoo ma." Somebody said shaking me

"Baby wake up . Come on we gotta go get yo thangs." Dontae said still shaking me.

"What time is it?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"8:30"

"Why so early?"

"Cause ma I got somewhere to be."

"Okay." I got up and did my hygiene and got dressed

Luxe and Na'shiyah went to Dontae's mothers house so he says.

"You ready?" He asked looking up from his phone.

"Yes." I said quietly mainly because I was sleepy.

"You Ight?" He asked grabbing my hand.

"Yes I'm just tired."

"Well when you get back you can go back to sleep." He kissed my forehead and we walked to his car.

He opened my door and I got in and laid my head back on the seat and closed my eyes as he drove to my house.

"Ma we're here." Dontae said tapping my leg.

I opened my eyes got out the car and went to the front door. As soon as I was about to opened the door my momma came to the front door looking a hot mess. She had on this big white t-shirt that was dirty some, baggy blue jeans that she could no longer fit, her hair was falling out day by day, and she was skinny. My momma didn't look like my momma.

'Slap' Was what I felt go across my face.

"Where the hell you been?!, Done took my baby and left!, So now you grown?!, You grown huh?!, 'sniffs' well since you're grown take all yo shit and go!, I'm tired of yo ass not coming home can't even get my damn check because you or Luxe ain't here and yes take her shit to and don't ever bring yo ass back and I mean it!"

I looked at my momma in disbelief. She was high as hell off them drugs and I didn't like to see my momma like this. I didn't dare let a tear fall from my eyes. I walked right passed her and went to pack me and Luxe things and grabbed all my safety money that was stashed in a lil hole in the wall where my dresser was so nobody knew where it was.