CHAPTER TEN

The next day was Monday and Sanem had an appointment with Dr. Yaman.   Can went with her and met the doctor and got to see his babies on ultra sound.   After the tests were all done, Dr. Yaman told them that he was going to set up a time for a C-section for 37 weeks.  He said, "You have about a week to finishing preparing three cribs and a nursery for your three babies.   Take care of yourself and call me if any changes.   It is okay to have gentle sex, just be careful."  He winked at Can and left the room.

Sanem blushed a vivid red, and just smacked Can on the arm.   He said laughing, "Why are you hitting me?   I didn't ask or say anything!"   She said, "You told him we got married yesterday, that's why he said that.   Men!"  They both left the room laughing, but by the time they got to Can's truck, Sanem was crying.  She was saying, "Do we have time to get ready?   We have so much to do, how are we going to get it done?"  Can just hugged her and said, "Don't worry; I have a plan and some great helpers."

They did go by the baby store and picked out cribs, and a few little clothes.   Can had a hard time keeping her from getting to much, because he knew that Leyla, Mihriban, and Mevkibe were planning a surprise baby shower this weekend.  They had threatened him with bodily harm if he told Sanem, so he was very careful what he said or bought.  He knew they would do it too!

Saturday came, and Can took Sanem out for brunch and was supposed to keep her away till 2:00pm.   She was driving him crazy, to get home.  She wanted to wash some baby clothes and make a list of things they needed.  Can took the longest way home he could, and Sanem was going crazy.   He told her he needed to stop at an auto shop for something for the truck, and left her in the truck with the windows down.   He ran into the store, bought a can of oil, and called Leyla.   She told him they were almost ready, to just drive slowly.   He said, "Okay, but if Sanem beats me to death, it's your fault."   As he hung up he could hear Leyla laughing.

When he got back into the truck, Sanem was pouting, and said, "I tried to call Leyla, but she didn't answer and what took you so long?  You just got one little thing."   As he pulled out she said, "Now you're going the wrong way and driving so slow.   We have so much to do, why are you wasting time?"   Trying not to smile, grin, or laugh, because he knew his wife would hit him, he replied, "I just want to keep our babies safe, now close your eyes and relax.   We will be there before you know it."

As he knew she would, when she relaxed and closed her eyes, she dozed off.   He wiped the sweat off his brow, and was relieved that he had a few minutes before she woke up.  Trying to surprise his impatient little wife was very, very hard.

When they pulled into the drive, he was shocked at how many cars and people were in the garden.  There were balloons, streamers, and a large table set up with food and so many gifts on another table.

He leaned over and kissed his sweet wife awake, and whispered, "We are home and I want you to look out your window."

She turned and looked, and then she began squealing, "We are having a party, why didn't you tell me?"   He gave her a hug and said, "It was a surprise! Now go have fun!"   She grabbed his hand and said, "Not without you, let's go!"

When she got out of the truck with Can's help, everyone yelled, "Surprise."   Leyla came and grabbed both of their hands and said, "Come on Anne and Baba, we are going to have fun."  She put name stickers in the shape of little birds on Sanem's abdomen that had written on them in pink and blue; Deniz, Yildiz, and Ates.  They were so cute, that Sanem started crying, telling Can to look, their babies were wearing name tags.   Leyla put name stickers in the same bird shape; on Sanem that said, 'Anne', and one on Can that said, 'Baba'.  This made both of them tear up.

Deren, Ayhan, and CeyCey all came and group hugged Sanem and Can saying you didn't tell us about the babies and your marriage.  Friends of Sanem's family from the Malhalla came and were hugging them.   Aziz and Emre were there and laughingly told Can there was a manly corner and he could join them there with Nihat, Bulut, Metin, Osman, and CeyCey and some of their friends from the Agency anytime.  There was music, food, laughing, bunches of baby gifts, as everyone bought in threes.   Everyone that came were good friends, who loved Sanem and Can, and no one, gave them a hard time, just hugs and best wishes.

One thing that Can noticed and couldn't wait to tell Sanem, was that Bulut and Deren really hit it off.   They spent a good amount of time to the side just talking and laughing.

After the party, Leyla, Mevkibe, and Mihriban helped Sanem sort all of the baby gifts.   They washed tiny little clothing, found places for so many diapers, and other things needed for baby care.   Can, Nihat, Aziz, and Emre put together the three cribs for the babies.   Sanem had so much fun putting the clean sheets, baby blankets, and tiny stuffed animals in the cribs.  They set everything up in the third bedroom that Leyla wasn't using.   She was planning to stay with Sanem and Can for a while after the babies were born, helping out at night when needed.   Mevkibe and Mihriban were going to take turns coming during the day to help out.   Aziz and Nihat when they heard the plans, said they were not going to be left out, and they were coming with their ladies.  They were taking their turns especially when the babies got a little bigger.

Everyone went out to the driveway to watch the men fit three car seats, in the back seat of Can's truck.  Can had already read all the instructions, but boy it was hard.  There was a lot of laughing and teasing of Can, that he didn't do anything halfway that he just had to make three babies at once.  Sanem was laughing so hard, that they made her sit down in a chair.  They were afraid she might have the babies, right there in the driveway.

After that everyone left to go home, Leyla left with Emre and told them she would be back shortly.   Bulut had left earlier to drive Deren home.

Aziz, Mihriban, Mevkibe, and Nihat had left together, and went out to dinner.   This group of grandparents was really excited to be sharing three new grandchildren next week.   It did not matter that they came from different life styles, all that mattered was that they were now family, and had become best friends.

When Can went looking for Sanem later, she was sitting in the nursery in the new rocking chair her parents had given them.   She was holding a stuffed puppy and crying.   Can was concerned until Sanem said, "These are happy tears, as I feel like we are so blessed to have so much love from our family and friends.  I was afraid people would look down on us, because we were pregnant before we married, but no one said a word against us.   Can Divit, I love you so much and you have made me the happiest person in the world.  I don't even care that I can't see my feet, or fit in any of my clothes, I am just so happy."

Can got down on his knees in front of Sanem and said, with tears in his eyes, "Yes, we are blessed with wonderful family and friends.   You have made me the happiest person in the world.   I did not even know I wanted a family until I met you, then I started dreaming of having three kids.   I love you so much.  We have a busy life ahead of us with three babies, but together we can do anything."   He kissed her abdomen and told their babies, he loved them so much and couldn't wait to meet them.

 He started laughing and looked at Sanem saying, "How long are you going to wear their name tags?"   Sanem said, "I thought I would wear them to the hospital, so Dr. Yaman will know where and who they are." 

 They were both laughing as they went to eat some of their leftovers from the party.  Sanem was asking, "Are there any of the chocolate cupcakes left?   I feel the urge to eat a third one!"   Can replied, "I think you already ate more than two, I'm pretty sure I saw you eat more?"  She started trying to tickle him and said, "No I didn't but I know you did."

After they ate a dinner of leftover sandwiches and chocolate cupcakes, they went to bed early.

 They were tired but very happy knowing they were ready for their babies.