CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

While the children slept, Can ask Sanem what Dante talked to her about?    She smiled sadly saying, "He actually talked to me about his Momma.   He told me that she was beautiful and kind like me.    He ask me why the kids call me Anne, I told him it meant Momma in Turkey, and he ask if it was okay to call me Anne?    I told him he could call me whatever he wants to, that it would make me happy."    She had started crying and Can wrapped his arms around her hugging her tightly.

He said, "He ask me about his Papa', since he heard us say I knew him.    I told him his Papa' was very brave and strong, and to be very proud of him.    It breaks my heart to think he has almost lost his whole family."

Sanem said, "But he hasn't; now he has a grandfather, two uncles, two aunts, three first cousins, probably two cousins more coming and my parents.    That doesn't even count his grandmother; and if she comes with us to Turkey we will get a second opinion medical consult.   I hope they will both consider it and come back with us."

 Can replied, "I hope so too, but we can't push them, this has been her home for thirty plus years.    We will support her with whatever they decide.    I still have a hard time believing this started from dreams, even though I know it did.   What do you want to happen?"

Sanem sat for a few seconds and then said, "I would love them to come back with us, and we take care of both of them.    I would like for us to adopt Dante, and I think our three have already adopted him.   What do you think?    Are you going to call your Baba and tell him what we found out today?"

Can said, "I agree with you, about us adopting Dante.   I don't think I should call Baba, this is not my story to tell.   If Bayan Cemile does not come back to Turkey with us, then I will have Baba and Mihriban come here and meet with her.   I honestly think that this is their story and she should talk with the both of them, as they were all friends."

Sanem hugged him back laughing and saying, "Well I am very happy this mystery was solved without having to look into anymore of your sexual past.    It wore me out thinking how many women we would have to look for and to interview all of them." 

 She jumped up and ran into the bathroom when Can started tickling her.    He said shaking his head and laughing, "I will get you back for that, and I would now except for waking our children."

The next morning Bayan Cemile phoned Can, and invited them to come visit in the afternoon.    The kids were very excited to go see Dante again, and quickly ate their lunch and got ready.

When they arrived at the home, Dante had the house door open before they could even get out of the taxi.   He ran to the gate and opened it for them.   The kids all gave him a hug, he high-fived Can, but grabbed Sanem in a big hug.   She had tears in her eyes when he let go, and he took off chasing the kids.    Can reached over and got her hand, as he was very touched with how they were greeted.   

They all went into the house and had greeted Bayan Cemile.   She was very happy to see them and hugged all of the Divit family.   The kids surprised Can and Sanem by running and hugging her without being prompted.  That was very unusual for their children, as they were always a little cautious with strangers.

The  kids all played on the floor working puzzles, that Dante got out for them.   Sanem and Can sat beside Bayan Cemile and waited for her to begin speaking.

After she offered drinks or snacks, Bayan Cemile said, "Since yesterday Dante and I have had some very interesting discussions.   The main thing that amazes us is that Sanem has been dreaming about Dante, without any reason.   Dante feels like his Momma made you dream about him and sent all of you to us.  Now I don't know about that, but I do feel like your family is an answer to my prayers.   We have decided together that now is the time for me to return to Turkey, but I worry about being an inconvenience to your family, if we stayed with you.   We can make plans, pack, travel and stay in a hotel for a while.   Then we can decide what we should do, as all of this is very sudden."