CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

This chapter is a little longer to include some fun times with their children. Please enjoy. Thank you for reading. Stay well and safe. 

After that weekend, it was time to get the children ready to start school.   Dante would be in the fourth grade, Ates, Deniz, and Yildiz would be in kindergarten all day, five days a week.   They were so excited and could not wait.  They already knew how to write their name, count numbers, say the alphabet, and read short sentences.   Can and especially  Sanem had worked hard with them; and were so proud of what they had learned.   She loved the fact that the children like to make up different stories and tell them.   She always wrote their stories down for them in little journals to keep.   She had gotten a journal for Dante to write his own stories in, and as of now, he was letting her read them.   She knew, as he got older, that he would not be sharing so freely.

The school was big, so there were three different kindergarten classes, and the principal recommended that the children be in different classes.   Ates, Taylan, and Ali, Ibrahim and Mihre's son; were in the same class.   Ates was very excited that his friends were in his class.  Can and Sanem were worried how their girls would do being in separate classes all day.   They were very close and did not like to be away from each other.

The day the whole family went for meet the teacher, Ates took off to meet his teacher first.   He was so happy that he and his friends were in the same class.  They left Ates with his teacher, and took Deniz to meet her teacher next door.   Deniz went in first, talked with her teacher and was shown where her desk was located.   Yildiz had stood there quietly listening, and then said, "Is my seat here with Sissy?"

Sanem squatted down beside Yildiz saying, "Your class is next door.   Remember we talked about you and Sissy being in different rooms.   You get to be with Sissy at lunch and playtime outside."   Yildiz said tearfully, "I remember Anne, but I miss her."   Deniz came over and said, "I remember, but I miss Sissy, too."

Deinz's teacher came over and said, "Deniz lets go see what we need to do to make your desk pretty, while Yildiz goes and meets her teacher."

Deniz and Yildiz hugged each other tight, saying "Okay. I will be back Sissy."  The adults were very sad to separate the girl's, but knew it was the recommendation for their ages.   Sanem thought to herself, if my girls are too sad, we will do something different.

When they took Yildiz to her room, there was a little girl crying and holding on tight to her sister, who was also crying.   You could tell they were identical twins.   One of the girls said, "I don't want to leave Sissy."  The other little girl said, "I don't want to go."

Sanem and Yildiz walked over to the girls, and Can stood at the door watching.  Yildiz said, "Hi, my name is Yildiz and I just left my Sissy next door.  I am sad too."

The little girl holding on so tight said, "My name is Sabella.   My Sissy has to go over there. I will miss her."   She pointed toward Deniz's room.

Yildiz said, "Can I be your friend and your Sissy can be my Sissy's friend?"

The other little girl said, "I am Samara, where is your Sissy?"  The adults all stood watching the girls.  Yildiz said, "Okay, come on I will take you."  The three little girls went out the door.    Sanem turned to the teacher and the twin's parents and said, "I am so sorry, Yildiz is one of triplets and is the boss of her siblings."

The teacher said, "No, it's perfect, thank you.   Let's go see how this works as Sabella is having a very hard time with this separation."   The twin's parents followed Can, Sanem, the teacher, and the girls.