CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

This is a long chapter, finishing up this version of EK, except there will be an Epilogue.  I have loved writing this version and the new characters added.  This chapter made me cry while I wrote it, thinking we could all learn from Sanem and her compassion.  Please forgive any mistakes and long rambling sentences/paragraphs, as I am not a writer.  Thank you for reading and loving comments.  Prayers that everyone stays safe and well during these trying times.  May we all embrace our new normal, when this is over.

Over the next few months, life in the Divit family was busier than ever.   Detective Altay became a regular visitor in their home, and he, Nonna Cemile, Aziz, Mihriban, Nihat, and Mevkibe went on many dinner dates together.   The children started calling him Dede Mert, and it wasn't long before he ask Dante if he could marry his Nonna.   Dante of course looked at Can and Sanem, who both nodded, 'yes' so he agreed wholeheartedly. 

 Dante sat him down and told him he could never make his Nonna cry, and he only wanted to see her smiling forever.  Dede Mert agreed and they shook hands.

They had a small, sweet, family only wedding at the garden house where Can and Sanem had lived.   Bulut, Deren, and Nisa had moved to the bigger house on the property sometime ago, and it stood empty.   Mirhiban gave the house to Nonna Cemile as a wedding gift.  She wanted to  always be neighbors with them.

Since Can was the photographer for the wedding, Sanem ask him to make group pictures, to update their walls at home.  The gardens were in full bloom and so beautiful for a background.   He used the woods as background for many of the photos.

Can started with Dede Mert and Nonna Camille, making photos of them with different family groups and of course by themselves.

Then there were photos of Aziz, Mirhiban, and all the grandchildren.

Then Emre and Leyla posed with their children.

Nihat, Mevkibe, with all the grandchildren.  Then a sweet pose with their daughters.

Then sweet photos of Dante with the large framed photos of his parents.  

 Aziz, Cemile with the large framed photo of Luca.

Can, Emre, Aziz with framed photo of Luca.

Then just Can, Emre holding framed photo of Luca between them.  These poses made everyone cry.

There was a lot of laughing going on, as the photos Can was in, he sat the timer on the camera and ran to get in the photos.

One of the funniest was Sanem, Dante, Ates, Deniz, Yildiz posed, and Can ran to join them.   He tripped over one of the kid's balls running, slid on his knees right up to the chair Sanem was on, the children jumped down with him and he yelled 'smile.'   Everyone was laughing so hard, as the group turned toward the camera and smiled.

Sanem laughingly told Can that's the picture she wants.   They did not need a posed photo of their family, as this is us, messy and fun.  That picture was a prized photo of their family and hung on their wall for many many years.

As all of this was going on, no one had noticed a taxi pull up at the end of the driveway and someone walk up the drive.  This person was standing behind a large tree just watching everything going on, with tears in their eyes.

About twenty-four hours before, Huma left the prison, her sentence completed.  The officer of the court told her; when he picked her up, she has twenty-four hours to finish any business in Turkey.  She will be flying out of Istanbul on an eight o'clock flight  tomorrow night.  She is flying to London, as per her request.  Her visa to enter Turkey was revoked, per the court order because of numerous illegal activities.   She has not been a resident in Turkey for over twenty years.  She had just flown in and out for brief visits.