CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

I decided to update this evening, to much mystery in previous chapter.   I did not want anyone stressing unnecessarily in these trying times.   Besides I couldn't wait to surprise everyone.  LOL!    I hope you enjoy this chapter, it is a little longer.  Thank you for reading.   Please take care of yourselves and your families, stay well and safe.

The next weekend found the young Divit family on a flight to Italy.   The children had only flown once before as infants, on a very short weekend trip, so they were really excited.   Can was able to get them first class tickets on a non-stop flight from Istanbul to Milan, even then it was a three hour flight.

Sanem had made little activity bags for each child and Can had paid for a Disney movie for them to watch.   The children were very good on the plane and the parents were given compliments on how well behaved they were.  The airline hostesses all had a crush on Can before the flight ended, but he didn't even notice.   His wife and children were his first priority and he didn't pay any attention to the flirting.   Sanem just laughed, as she saw their frustration at not being able to get his attention.

When they arrived, they took the children to the hotel nearest the University of Milan.  This was  where Can had studied business for the six months he was in Italy, as a student.   He was fluent in the Italian language, so he interpreted for Sanem and the kids.   What was so funny was the children tried to speak Italian, like their Baba, and made everyone laugh.

The next day, the detective named Umut, that Metin had hired, met them at the hotel.   He was going to go with them, as a local person, to visit Dante and his grandmother.   Can was a little concerned that the lady would be offended that someone came to see them after a dream.   In fact Can couldn't believe they were actually in Italy following up on a dream.    Sanem was less concerned and she just kept saying, "It feels like we are doing what we are supposed to be doing."

When they arrived at the small, but very clean villa in the suburbs of Milan, the detective, Umut went to the door first to speak to the lady.  Can, Sanem, and the children waited at the front gate.  He had already called that morning telling her that a family from Turkey wanted to meet them.

In a few minutes, Umut came to the door and motioned them into the house.   A beautiful lady, about their parent's age, was sitting in the front room in the sunshine.   You could tell she was very weak and sick.  Dante was sitting on a stool at her feet.   Umut introduced the Divit family to Bayan Rossi, and when she heard the last name, she gasped lightly.    Can and the children sat on the sofa together, and surprisingly the children were being very quiet.

Sanem went straight to the lady and sat down on her other side in the floor.   Sanem shook her hand and said, "Bayan Cemile, it is so nice to meet the both of you, may I tell you a story?"    She looked at Can to interpret for her when Bayan Cemile spoke in perfect Turkish in reply, "I will be happy to hear your story and how you came to visit my home.   I grew up in Istanbul and have not heard my native language, from a stranger in many years.   I have taught Dante a lot of the Turkish language, so I know he can understand most of what you are saying.  Please continue."

Sanem and Can were both shocked.   Sanem held Bayan Cemile's hand and started by saying, "Please don't think I am crazy, but I have been dreaming about Dante for several weeks."  Dante looked up in surprise, and Sanem continued to tell them about her dreams, about Can being in University here years ago, and how Can knew Dante's parents.   She did not go into details about Can and Elena dating, but she did tell them Can introduced Elena and Luca to each other.  She said because of the dreams she had guessed at Dante's age.   They had used Can's approximate age to come up with a year, and the fact he was in Italy at that time.   She told about having their attorney hire the detective to find out about their family.   How older pictures of Dante helped them know that he was the boy she had been dreaming about.  She ended by asking was there anything they wanted to ask them, and anything that their family could do to help them?