CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

It was almost two weeks from Can's first phone call about the boy that Metin called.   He had learned that Elena and Luca were married about nine years ago and had a son, that they named Dante.   Luca was killed in a plane crash when Dante was almost five years old; he was twenty-eight years old at the time.    Elena had died about three weeks ago from recurring breast cancer; she was only thirty years old.   Metin was still trying to find out where Dante was, because it looked like the young couple had no immediate relatives.    He advised Can and Sanem to be patient as he had a detective friend in Italy continuing the search.

Sanem was more worried than ever when she heard the news, and started crying saying to Can, "This poor boy, he really needs us now."    Can cautioned her, "To be calm and patient as Metin advised, because there could be relatives that he is safe and happy with right now."

He then got a message on his phone, and was surprised that Metin had sent a picture of Dante.   The message said, 'This is an older picture which I forgot to tell you I had.    Show it to Sanem and see if it is the boy she is dreaming about.'    When Can looked at the picture he was surprised to see that the boy favored him in looks.   In skin tone, hair color, but lighter eye color, but what he remembered about Luca they actually favored each other a little.

When he showed Sanem the photo she started crying, saying "That looks like the boy in my dream."   She asks Can, "Do you think he is your son?    Maybe that's why I have been dreaming about him."

Can tells her, "I feel like if he was my son, Elena would have contacted me.   Also, the boy favors his father, Luca.   We will wait and see if the detective finds him.   If he has no family, what do you want to do?"

Sanem just looked at him and said, "I think the bedroom beside of Ates, with its own bathroom should be painted a pretty sky blue color.   What do you think?"   Can reached over and gave his wife a great big hug, while he was thinking his wife has the biggest heart in the world.  He was so proud of her, because if for some wild reason Dante was his son, it would not matter to Sanem she would just love him.

The next day at work, Aziz came by and the three Divit's had a meeting.   Can told Aziz and Emre about Sanem's dreams, the shocking conversation when she asks him about his previous sex life, and Metin looking for the boy.    After the men had a good laugh at Can's expense, Aziz ask Can, "Are you sure he might not be your son?   It is really odd for Sanem to start dreaming about a child that she knows nothing about."   Emre agreed with their Baba.

Can said, "I really don't think he is my son, because I feel Elena and even Luca would have contacted me at the time."   They talked a little more about how Sanem has already prepared a bedroom for Dante.   She said it would just be a guest room, if he is settled somewhere.   He told them how much their little family was enjoying the house, and how Sanem was still holding her breath when the kids played on the stairs.

Emre told them that Leyla was pregnant and they were starting to wonder if it might be twins.    She would be having an ultra sound in a couple of weeks.   It is safe for him to tell them now because Leyla is telling Sanem and her parents today.   She had wanted to wait until she was at least four weeks pregnant before telling everyone.

Aziz said, "Now it's time for Emre and Leyla to move into the other house that we own.   The house in town, where you boy's lived.    I made sure that Huma has no more keys to the property, and a few updates have been completed.   It is not quite as big, only four bedrooms and three bathrooms, as the old home place.    Can and Sanem are probably going to need more space; I think they are going to have more children then Emre and Leyla."   The three men laughed as Can said, "If left up to Sanem, I am not sure how many we will have."

They were really pleased with how well the business was going.   Aziz was proud of his sons and how they had both settled into married life so well and had wonderful wives.   He was happily retired with Mihriban on the farm, and loved spending lots of time with their grandchildren.

It was two more weeks before they heard from Metin.   He phoned Can at work and ask to come by the house and talk with both of them.   When he got there and after greeting the kids, Sanem and Can, they sat on the patio watching the children play.   Sanem had brought tea and cookies out for everyone.

Metin started with saying, "We have found Dante.   He is living with his grandmother, who is very ill.   She appears to be his only relative.   The detective said in his report that Dante is very sad, but a very well behaved child.  He appears to be healthy.   We are not sure what is wrong with the grandmother, but she doesn't leave the house, except for doctor appointments.    Dante is in school, but a neighbor takes him back and forth every day.   Now we have their address if you would like to go meet them?"

Can kept quiet while he watched Sanem thinking about everything they had just heard.   She raised her head and looked at the men saying, "Thank you, Metin for finding this information for us.   I have been dreaming about him for a reason.   I don't know what it is, but I think we should go and meet them.   I would like to take the children with us, what do you think Can?"    Can reached over and picked up her hand and kissed it saying, "I expected your answer, but not about the children going.   Why do you think they should go?"

Sanem replied, "I don't know, but I feel it is the right thing to do."   Can just said, "Okay.   Metin would you please get us the information we need?   Please contact the detective to let him know what we are going to do.   Thank him for his help, and ask if we can meet him when we arrive?"

Sanem excused herself saying, "I think I need to check the guest room, as we might need another bedroom."   She went inside and Metin looked at Can saying, "Your wife is something else, you are really a blessed man."   Can replied, "I know I am; I have a wonderful wife and mother to our children."   They hugged and Metin left.

Can called the children to come in.  He brought them into the house for baths and bedtime.   He also, needed to go see what his wife was up to now.