CHAPTER TWELVE

This chapter is a little long; please understand it was necessary, to set up some upcoming events.  Also, Can is still learning.  Thank you for your patience and comments.  Thank you for overlooking my mistakes and for reading.

The next few weeks were very hectic for the newlywed/new parents couple.  They were tired even with family coming to help.   Can had stayed at home for the first month.   One morning  Can was getting ready for work, and Sanem had been up all night, with their six week old babies.   They were sitting and having tea together before he left, when Can ask Sanem if she and the babies wanted to visit the Agency later today.   He told her he could come at lunch and pick them up and bring them back home later.   He said, "All of our co-workers want to see you and the babies."   Sanem who was extremely tired, said "Maybe another day, I just don't feel ready to go out to see people.   Look at me, I still feel fat, I look tired and am tired."

Can said, "That is not true, because you are the most beautiful wife and mother in the world.   I know you are tired, but maybe you would feel better to get out of the house for a little while.   You have not been anywhere except doctor appointments since our babies were born."   Sanem replied, "But Can, I really don't want to go anywhere.   I like to stay home with our babies."   Can replied, "I want to show you and the babies off to everyone, I am so proud of you.  Please think about it and call me if you change your mind."   He got up and gave Sanem a little kiss on her cheek and left for work.

Sanem sat there and started crying, because she knew Can was upset with her.    He always gives her passionate kisses on her lips, big hugs before he leaves and tells her he loves her.   He must be bored with her, and doesn't want her anymore.   She looked down at herself and she was wearing baggy sweats, hadn't had a shower this morning, and probably smelled like breast milk and baby pee.   Oh no, she is not attractive to him anymore, but she is so tired.   What should she do?   She just sat there crying until Leyla came through and said, "Sanem, what's wrong?    Why are you crying?   Are the babies okay, is Can?"   Sanem kept crying, until she finally replied, "Everyone is okay, but me.   I am sloppy, messy, smell bad, and Can is bored with me.    He wants me to get out the house and take the babies to work for a visit, but I am so tired."

Leyla held Sanem while she cried, telling her that "none of that is true, except being tired.   You are beautiful, you've never smelled bad in your life and Can loves you and is not bored."

While they were sitting there Mihriban came into the room, saying "What is going on here? Sanem why are you crying, are the babies okay?"   When Leyla finished explaining everything she knew,  Mihriban said, "Okay, I know what to do.   Sanem go take a shower, let us know when you get out.   Leyla you call into work, and take the day off.   We are going to have fun.  Now I hear a baby waking up, so I will get some breast milk out of the freezer to thaw, while Sanem is in the shower, change a diaper and feed a baby."

When Sanem got out the shower, she went to the nursery and saw all three of her babies, lying in their cribs quietly.   She turned amazed to Mihriban and Leyla saying, "How did you get them all quiet at once?  Look how cute they're dressed.   My girls are in matching dresses and my son has a matching shirt and in the same color little pants.   They are adorable.  I don't recognize these outfits."   Mihriban said, "Ask Leyla, she brought them in here freshly washed and told me to put them on these cuties."

Sanem turned to Leyla, laughing saying, "I told you not to buy them anymore clothes, look at you not listening.   I bet you have more hid in your room."   Leyla said laughing, "What me, I always listen to you.   I would never disobey you, when it comes to my nephew and nieces."