Chapter Eight

It's been about a week and I haven't really seen Hayden or Alex. Tonight we were all supposed to go to Clary's party but I'm not sure if we are all still going, to be honest.

"Have you even talked to Alex?" Josh asks me sitting next to me waiting to see if Alex is coming or not.

"Not really. He said he was disappointed in me and that's the last thing he said to me." I tell him with a sigh.

Josh puts an arm around me pulling me closer to him making me lay my head on his shoulder. "It's okay it'll get easier. If anything you and Hayden are cute together."

"I don't even know if we are together," I say as he hugs me slightly.

Alex comes out of his room looking at us and rolls his eyes. "Him too?" He asks me with a scoff.

"Stop talking to your sister like that Alex. Are you coming to the party?" Josh says annoyed before asking him a question. 

"Yeah let's go we got to pick up Drew." He answers completely ignoring me and the comment about me. 

We all get in the car Josh sitting next to me as I drive. We pull up to Drew's house, he and Hayden step outside.

"What the fuck is he doing here?" Alex asks getting pissed already.

"I mean he is apart of the group that got invited," Josh says.

"Josh get in the back seat. I don't want them next to each other." I whisper to him as Josh quickly gets in the back seat.

"What wanted to sit by your fuck buddy?" Alex says making me flinch at how rude he has been to me.

Hayden gets into the front seat not looking at me or saying anything as we drive to Clary's.

Everyone gets out of the car but I decide to stay in the car for a second. "Hayden."

He looks over at me making him stop getting out of the car.

"Can we talk?" I ask him.

He closes the door and stays in the car with me as the rest of the boys go into the house. "Yeah?"

"Are we okay?" I ask him looking down at my hands.

"I don't know, are we? You said to go and that you would see me later but never made an attempt to even talk to me." He replies.

"I'm sorry," I tell him looking him in the eyes. "I thought it would help the Alex situation. He won't even look at me." 

"I get it. I've missed you." He says putting a hand on my thigh.

"I've missed you too." I put my hand into his. "We should probably go inside."

He nods getting out of the car me following along. I walk over to him and give him a hug missing his arms around me. I give him a quick kiss on the cheek. We walk into the house full of raging adults drunk on alcohol and music.

"Don't leave your drink unattended." He says making me smile at how much he sounds like Alex.

I meet up with Josh and Alex taking a seat next to them at the picnic tables out in the back yard.

"I'm gonna leave you guys alone," Josh says getting up off the table. "I'll get you a drink."

"Alex I'm sorry," I tell him looking at him.

"Look Evelyn I know you're sorry but you still did it. You broke our rule. You even went behind my back. Why didn't you just ask me, I might have said yes."

"You wouldn't have said yes," I say with a little laugh. "You would've been like. I said no you're not allowed to date my friends. They're off-limits."