Chapter Twelve

Hayden's POV

"So where is your car parked?" I ask him pulling out of my parking spot. 

"It's like four blocks away. Near Cherry Street. You guys weren't having sex were you?" He says making a face. 

"Would you really want to know the answer to that?" I ask him. "We weren't though. Just getting ready for bed." I tell him with a slight chuckle. 

He lets out a sigh and looks out the window. "She has been staying there a lot. It's weird without her at the house."

It has always been Alex and Evelyn together ever since she was born. They were always together. Their parents were either always at work or on a business trip. They usually stayed with their grandma but when Alex got old enough he bought a place for him and Evelyn to live. 

"I asked her to move in," I tell him, somewhat nervous about what he will say. I glance over at him slightly to see him shocked looking at me.

"What did she say?"

"She was a little hesitant but she said yes. If she ends up changing her mind I wouldn't mind. I don't want her to feel pressured." I tell him before parking beside his car.  "Grab the cables out of the back please." 

"I'm happy you guys are happy. I know I was mean about it before I just don't want her hurt Hayden. I would do anything to protect her. Even if it means I have to be the bad guy."

I nod and we get his car started. We then say our goodbyes before talking about throwing a party this Friday. All we do is throw parties, but you know what I'm really getting tired of just partying.

 I head back home and smile at the thought of living with Evelyn. You know it's a little fast but fuck it. I've loved her for a while and I know she loves me too. And if things went badly then we would always stay friends. It's not like I'm gonna ask her to marry me anytime soon. 

I walk into the house and head to the bedroom. The light is still on but she is for sure sleeping. Her little snore is quiet and consistent. She is sprawled along the bed in a starfish position with her stomach on the bed. Her foot sticking out of the blanket and hair coming out of the ponytail she has in. She is beautiful, breathtaking even.  I take off everything but my underwear and turn the light off. 

Sliding in beside her she softly moans before turning to her body away from mine. I pull her close to me spooning her body into mine. 

"Goodnight love." I kiss her hair before going to bed.