Chapter Nineteen

Hayden woke me up around two in the morning and suggested we go home. My bed was not comfortable for a pregnant lady. I woke up next to Hayden cuddled up to his chest after going to sleep for another time. I didn't want to move but I really was hungry.

I slip out of his arms and put on his shirt before walking to the kitchen and making some food for us. I think pancakes were a great idea even though it's about two in the evening.

"Damn look at you," Hayden says putting his arms around my waist, kissing my neck.

"Oh hush."

"I'm not going to be quiet when I have a smoking hot pregnant girlfriend cooking me pancakes half-naked."

I turn around and wrap my arms around his neck. I couldn't help but smile at him.

"I love you."

"And I love you too." Hayden gives me a kiss before walking away to set the island up by getting us drinks and forks.

I put the food on the plates and bring them to our seats.

"I'm excited about this concert tonight. We haven't gone to one in a while."

"I don't think I've been to a concert with you since you were thirteen Evelyn." He chuckles at me.

"Like I said, Awhile," I tell him with a shrug.

"You're a dork."

"But I'm a 'Smoking hot' dork," I say with a wink and a laugh.

Hayden sticks his tongue out at me before giving me a kiss on the cheek.

I let Hayden put away the plates since he thought he needed to. I decided to get ready for the day and call Alex about the concert tonight. I make sure to put on my merch since I do love this band.

"Hey, why don't you guys stop over for a bite to eat and we can all head to the concert together." He says as soon as he answers.

"Alright, that sounds like a good idea. What time?"

"I don't know the concert is at nine so I would say like six-thirty that way we have time to travel. Plus you are a slow eater."

"Oh, hush. So about yesterday." I say while brushing my hair with him on speaker.

"What about it?"

"If Hayden did ask me to marry him. And I said yes would you be mad?"

"Evie I would never be mad at you getting married. Hell, I'm excited to be an uncle. I just want him to let me know."

"Okay good."

"Do you want to marry him?" He asks me, starting to get serious.

"Of course I want to marry him. Maybe not yet cause we haven't been together that long. But I'm in love with him Alex." I tell him with a sigh of happiness.

"I'm glad you are happy sis. Now finish getting ready."

"Love you," I say as I hang up the phone.

"Hey, babe come here!" Hayden yells from the living room. "Sit down." He says when I get into the room.

"Yes?" I ask him in confusion.

He sits down next to me and grabs my hands.

"You're scaring me," I say with a chuckle.

"Sorry I was thinking. So you know last night how Josh let it out that I had a ring?"

I nod my head letting him know to keep going.

"Well, I do want to marry you but not yet. It's a little too early. So here is this." He says pulling out a ring and sliding it on my finger. "This is a promise ring. A promise that this will turn into a wedding ring. I'm in this for the long haul babe. As long as you are with me I'll be happy."