Chapter Two

It's a Tuesday night, it has been about two months since Hayden came home and we are currently at a party. Thank god we graduated because this would be a horrible hangover tomorrow. So far it's me and the boys playing beer pong. Teams of three instead of two. Our other friend Steven is playing with us. The teams are Ashton, Drew, and Steven on one. And the other is Alex, Josh, and me.

Drew is flirting with girls while Josh, Alex, and Steven joke around. Ashton just keeps looking at me weirdly.

"Are you okay?" I mouth to him while he throws his ball. He nods and makes it into the cup making me have to drink it.

"You're gonna get drunk," Drew says with a laugh.

"Then you will have to take care of me," I say grabbing the cup and drinking it fast.

"Bitch I am not taking care of you again. It's Alex's turn." He says hitting Alex's shoulder.

"I am not taking care of her." He says with a laugh. At this point, I barely pay attention cause they will just argue the whole time.

"You should stop drinking," Hayden says to me ignoring the others arguing.

"Then you should stop making the ball in the cup," I suggest to him with a shrug.

"Okay." He says with a smile.

I throw the ball into a cup and smile at him. "We're even." We each have two cups left.

The boys both end up making it and it's now me and Hayden against each other again. His turn. We are definitely going to lose.

"Bro, don't miss it. I have money on this game." Drew says making Josh laugh.

He throws the little ball and it hits the cup and bounces off.

"Oops." He says with a shrug.

I'm shocked. He always makes it.

"No, what the hell! You never miss."

I grab the ball and aim for the cup. Hayden smiles at me and I take the shot. I made it!

"Holy shit we won!" Josh and Alex say at the same time.

Hayden chugs his drink and walks over to me. "Good game cutie." He whispers to me.

I look up at him and smile. "You purposely missed didn't you?"

"I have no idea what you are talking about." He says before walking towards the boys. He looks over his shoulder at me and winks before turning around again and walking to the boys.

"Did he just throw that game for you?" My friend Clary asks when sits down on the grass next to her.

"Yeah, I think he did. He just didn't want me to get too drunk." I reply with a shrug.

Not sure why he would care but eh.

"You should get drunk anyways and see if he does anything." She says.

"He is not going to do anything. He will probably find a drunk girl and take her home with him."

"Then why don't you be that drunk girl." She says with a wink giving me another drink.

I quickly drink the drink and one more, enough to get me tipsy. Might as well fake it.

"ALEX!" I yell walking up to him and the boys. "Hey," I say dragging out the word.

"Fuck Evelyn," Alex says pissed. "What the hell did you do? Damn it I had plans."

"I can take her home, Alex. Go to your plans." Hayden says putting a hand on Alex's shoulder.