Chapter 1

Minjae POV

"Hey, Minyae!" I heard Huijun calling out. I watched him come to me with a grin. Actually, that stupid grin never means anything good, especially when it comes from him.

I stopped at my locker and waited for him, and a short time after calling, he finally arrived.

With raised eyebrows I looked at him. I wonder what was going on again.

"What's up?" I asked and crossed my arms in front of my chest. He grinned like an idiot. That's going to be something...

"I heard that a new girl is coming to our school! And that she's really pretty!" he told me enthusiastically.

I sighed briefly. So I had another one of those bets coming up.

Seduce a girl and then drop her.

I looked at him questioningly and tilted my head slightly. "And? What does that mean?" I asked, rather disinterested.

I had not yet had a real relationship, also simply because I am still quite young. And none of the girls I seduced were as I imagined them to be.

The girl who was supposed to stay at my side.

I raised my eyebrows slightly. "Let's bet again. Whoever gets her to fall in love with one of us first." he said, smiling at me.

I sighed briefly and then nodded, though hardly noticeably. A bet, of course, just as I thought. I looked to the side, Yoona and her gang of girls approaching me.

She was my first girlfriend that I thought was the one. My first 'relationship', actually. Now I hate her.

She made me so... cold and distant. And she makes girls see me like... a asshole? I guess you could say that.

Sometimes I hoped to find the one person who could change me back.

I shrugged my shoulders and said, "Okay, Huijun." What's the big deal? I'm sure it's one of those girls who's easy to get along with.

My smile is always 'deadly' to girls.

Yoona finally got to me too, so I rolled my eyes.

"Minjae, give me one more chance..." she said, began to explain, but with a gesture of my hand I made her shut up.

I laughed bitterly for a moment. "Forget about it Yoona." I said bitter. "Get lost." I said coldly. She sighed briefly, but I saw through her.

I saw through her act

Once again I wouldn't be fooled by that chick. This... I'd rather save it. Yoona is not worth it.

We haven't even been together one day and she's already snogging someone else. It's too bad I noticed.

She was still standing next to me at the locker, so I exhaled in a huff and puff and ran away from my locker, next to Huijun.

"Yoona's crazy." He growled. It made me laugh. "She's definitely really crazy. No boy is interested in her right now, so she came back to me." I explained.

Yoona was very easy to figure out if you knew her. That little snake.

"But our bet is on?" Huijun asked with a sly grin. I nodded, turning my eyes. "For the third time, yes, it does." I said.

I can't wait to meet this girl.

Maybe she's all right, too. Or maybe she's one of Yoona's kind. I looked at the clock. Oh, it's late.

"Let's go!" Huijun said, pulling my arm. "Yah! This jacket is new!" I scolded him.

He just laughed and we arrived on time at the room where the whispering was already going on.

In front of the teacher was a girl who didn't look Korean at all.

"Hadn't you said tomorrow?" I hissed. Huijun laughed nervously. "I must have mistaken..." he explained and I slapped my hand on the back of his head.

"Yah! What the hell!?" he asked angrily, making me laugh. "Deserved." I said and smiled at him.

I took a closer look at the girl, and one thing I had to give her credit for: she's damn pretty.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☁️🍒☁️˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Nara POV

So here I stood, with a rather lowered and annoyed look. And I remember that Damien had asked me out on a date. And I'd been in love with the guy like forever.

And now here I am, in Korea. How the hell did I get here? Only because dad missed home.

And my mom is so excited about the culture of this country. Breaking News: Not me.

The doorbell rang, so I straightened my eyes and stood up properly. I wasn't thrilled, but Mum had taught me to behave properly.

I was already looking around the classroom, and got stuck on a boy with reddish hair. He was grinning broadly and had just beaten his friend, who was also grinning broadly.

They are both really cute.

Oh, let's just forget about Damien. I'd never see him again anyway, so let's see what she develops here.

Then I kept looking around the classroom. I got stuck with a girl who was all dressed up and pretty... bitchy.

Then I looked up at the teacher who was greeting the classes. Fortunately I can speak Korean, because I grew up bilingual. Korean and English.

My German is pretty good too, because I learned it at school. But here there are other subjects.

"As you can see, we have a new student. Introduce yourself." the teacher said to me, smiling but clearly bored.

I shrugged my shoulders slightly. "Okay, so my name is Nara, I am from America and yes, that's all you need to know." I said and crossed my arms in front of my chest.

That I can sing well, love to draw and am very good at self-defense, let's just leave out. Those who want to become my friends will find out later.

The bitchy girl had a question and the teacher took her on.

"Do you always dress like garbage in America?" she asked.

Everyone in the class, at least the girls, laughed. I rolled my eyes and just grinned.

"Better like garbage than like a bitch. Any other unnecessary questions?" I asked, and the class began to breathe heavily.

The boy with the black hair, who also had a cute grin, had a question too. The teacher took him in an eye-twisting way.

"Are you single?" he asked. I laughed briefly. Oh yes, I am. But do they have to know? I thought for a moment. In the end, I decided to tell the truth.

"Yes." I said, and he seemed to be as happy as a little child.

Next to the rather disinterested looking redhead, the only free space was next to him, where I knew what would be said to me now.

"Nara, please sit next to Minjae." said the teacher. Minjae... I nodded, took my bag and jumped over the bitch's leg.

"Maybe next time." I said, and this time the whole class laughed. Which put a happy smile on my face.

Besides, there was nothing wrong with my clothes. I just think oversized is cool, so what? I don't have to wear skintight clothes.

So I sat down next to Minjae and he gave me a short adorable smile. He looked at me 'inconspicuously' and then smiled slightly again.

Damn, that smile really got me.

"Good that you don't let Yoona get you down." he whispered to me.

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐭 || ༄𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐣𝐚𝐞On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara