Chapter 14

Minjae POV

"You want to know why?" I asked again for an answer. She kept nodding and grinning. Some people never change.

"Tell me everything from the beginning." Yoona said. I started grinning, too, to confuse her.

For her to leave me alone, I would have to lie now. For better or worse.

"Of course I don't like Nara. This is all a bet with Huijun. ÄWho'd like her?" I said.

I immediately regretted every bad word I said.  I would never talk about her like that.

Yoona clapped her hands.

"I knew it!" she said enthusiastically, and smiled arrogantly. But also confident of victory.

This confident confidence confused me somehow.

I now looked at her annoyed. "Can I go now or do I still ask about the bet?" I asked.

"When will you drop it?" Yoona asked with a grin. "Sometime, I don't know. Playing is fun." I answer.

I really sounded like an asshole.

But all I want is for Yoona to finally leave me alone. That's all I ever wanted.

But these lies were already starting to bother me. "I don't think I'm gonna drop it, it's interesting." I finally said before I left the room.

Sighing, I went home. Grey clouds covered the sky and scattered drops of many.

I quickened my steps a little to avoid getting wet.

Soon I was home and put on something else, only to quickly get something to eat and take an umbrella.

I want to go and visit Nara.

So with the umbrella in one hand and the apple in the other I walked along the paths of the city.

After maybe 15 minutes I had arrived at Nara. I rang the bell and then waited for her to open the door for me.

But nothing happened.

I rang the doorbell again and again, but I heard nothing.

I stood outside the door for another 10 minutes, then Nara opened the door and gave me a cold look.

Okay, what did I do?

Her eyes were red and swollen. Was she crying, or was it the cold?

"What are you doing here?" she asked me coldly. I looked at her confused. "Looking after my friend." I said.

She laughed bitterly. "You don't even like me.  I'm just interesting," she hissed.

What?

"Oh my God, how do you know that?" I asked in surprise. She smiled slightly. "Yoona sent me the tape." she said.

"At least she's good for one thing." Nara hissed and wanted to close the door.

I put my foot in between and clenched my now free hand into a fist.

"At least let me explain it." I said now, upset.

Another bitter laugh from her.

"What is there to explain? You were honest and up to exactly what I thought you were at the beginning." she said.

"What is it?" I asked in surprise. Her answer hit me. Why didn't you let me explain the situation?

"A playboy." she hissed. I still had my foot so far up she couldn't close the door.

Obviously, she didn't like that.

"If you would at least let me explain!" My voice now became loud and she shrugged briefly.

"Just go away." she said.

I sighed. Then I just nodded and walked slowly home through the pouring rain.

Well, then I'm leaving. Either all the way or not at all. So I'll disappear altogether.

We'll see how she likes it.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☁️🍒☁️˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Nara POV

After Minjae was blown, I got well that weekend. So it was Monday, time for school.

I put on my backpack and walked to school with headphones in my ears.

Huijun was already waiting in front of the school building, but I walked past him and ignored him. He looked at me in confusion.

I smiled coldly for a moment and then went into the room, sat down on my seat and waited.

But he did not come.

Where did Minjae go? He is usually at school. Where is he now? My gaze wandered to the clock.

Class would start soon and no sign of him.

I have to stop worrying about him. Pull yourself together Nara, he's not worth it!

Is he?

I shook my head slightly and then sighed. The teacher came in and checked the attendance

No one knew what happened to him. And that's pretty funny.

I'm gonna go to school after... Oh no, I can't. I have a doctor's appointment because I want the doctor to check up on my condition.

Or for my cold. Eomma is very careful.  Too careful in my eyes.

I leaned back slightly and watched the lessons attentively. Even if it was a bit boring.

Huijun wanted to talk to me during the break, but I ignored him and sat down on a bench alone.

Of course, Yoona had something to laugh about now.

I sighed softly again. Should I write to Minjae? He wouldn't read it anyway, and if he did, he would ignore it.

The rest of the day was pretty boring, even though I was relatively concentrated.

In my thoughts I was always with Minjae, because I want to know what is going on. Is he sick? Did he really disappear.

I missed him already...

After class I went to the doctor to get checked up again.

Everything is fine, what a miracle.

I decided to do my things at home and then go to Minjae's. Maybe he really is just sick.

I threw my backpack into a corner and then left the empty house.

On the way to Minjae I thought about what I could say.

I will not say that I missed him.

After 20 minutes, maybe even a few minutes, I arrived at his place. I rang the bell.

No one answered, no sound, no nothing.

I rang the bell again. Nothing. Did he do what I did to him on Friday? Well, it's not so great...

But unlike him, I opened the door. But there was no sign of him.

After half an hour I turned around and left. Even though I was very worried.

But I must do my homework.

Maybe he'll be back tomorrow...