Chapter 8

Nara POV

I couldn't believe my eyes, but what I saw was real. Minjae stood there and kissed Yoona, the girl who meant to ruin everything for me.

Or at least trying to.

I could feel tears coming to my eyes. How could that be? Why did that hurt me?

Have I really fallen in love with him already?

Huijun stood beside me and saw my glazed eyes. He asked me with big eyes, "Hey, Nara, what's wrong?" he asked me careful.

"I'd like to leave now." I said softly and turned away.

"Okay..." Huijun muttered confusedly, but I couldn't help it, and ran away quickly.

I think I even ran. But I didn't care. I didn't care about anything right now.

I hadn't noticed Minjae running after me. Neither did I care that Huijun and Yoona had agreed on it so Huijun wouldn't lose the bet.

I didn't know that Huijun was supposed to save me the other night. The three boys Minjae attacked are friends of his from another school.

Huijun had a lot planned but his plan went wrong. Minjae was always there.

Now what?

Now I saw him kiss Yoona, of course without the background but it hurt.

I ran all the way home and inside, behind the door I sank to the floor. The cotton candy still in my hand.

My cheeks became wet. Was I crying?

It was clear that the boy I like doesn't like me as much as I like him. Like in America at that time.

When they laughed at me. When they said I was just ugly. And now I'm here, hiding my feelings in my own home so it won't happen again.

Suddenly the doorbell rang. "Nara, open up!" Minjae called through the door. I sobbed briefly.

"Go away!" I cried. "Nara please!" I shook my head, even though I knew he couldn't see me.

I calmed myself down for a moment and then opened the door with a monotonous face. "What do you want?" I asked, annoyed.

Minjae sighed. "It was not what you think. Yoona kissed me. Damn, I don't even like her!" he said energetically and looked at me.

"I like someone else."

I smiled sadly for a moment and nodded briefly.

"Why are you explaining this to me? You'd better be glad that the person you like didn't see it." I said, realizing that my tears were already starting to come back.

"So our friendship doesn't change? I know how much you hate Yoona." he said I shook my head.

"No, it's all right." I said, forcing a smile. I'm such a liar, and I'm like a really bad liar. But he still doesn't really seem to care.

Friendship. Just friends. Somehow that hurts deep inside.

Nara, why are you so upset? It was clear.

"If it's all right, I'd like to go to sleep now. See you Monday Minjae." I closed the door after he said good-bye. Then I wrote to Jinsoul.

Nara
Hey, Jinsoul... Minjae likes someone else. He kissed Yoona earlier at the park, or actually she kissed him. He didn't realize why I was running away. What should I do?

Jinsoul
Oh my God... Don't give up. Maybe he likes you too and he just can't admit it? If not, Huijun's cute, too.

Nara
Okay, thanks bestie. I'll see you on Monday my dear! 💕

Great help... Although she was right. Huijun is cute, too.

I sighed, then went to my room and put my cell phone away, when suddenly my message tone rang.

Confused, I looked at the display. A message from Huijun?

Huijun
Hey, Nara, are you really okay? You were suddenly so upset earlier?

Nara
Sure, I'm fine. I'm just tired because it was a long day, but you know that.

Huijun
Okay, sleep tight. You looked really cute today, by the way. ;)

Cute? My cheeks blushed slightly. Well... even if Huijun is cute, I can't avoid my feelings.

And right now there's just Minjae. There's nothing I can do about him. Or rather, against them. Feelings...

I got ready for bed and went to sleep, then I stared at the ceiling. He may have a crush on an other girl... but who?

Minjae told me to wait for a sign. And he also said that anyone who rejects me is stupid.

So he's stupid?

All those thoughts made my head heavy, and I fell asleep. A dreamless, dark sleep.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☁️🍒☁️˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Minjae POV

I can't sleep. How could I sleep? Yoona kissed me and Nara is all upset. And I told Nara that I liked someone else even though I meant her.

And Nara was crying. I hurt her.

Why was Yoona there? What got into her? Why did she suddenly kiss me? She knows that nothing has been going on for ages.

I could have killed her. But you don't get your hands dirty with something like that.

I got up from my bed and walked towards my wall.

I punched my fist in frustration against the wall. How could Yoona do such a thing.

She had timed her timing exactly right. Great, now my knuckles are bleeding slightly. I don't care.

Is that or was that perhaps a plan?

My head started to hurt, so I closed my eyes and massaged my temples. I leaned against the wall.

When it comes to helping Nara I am brave, but when it comes to telling her how I feel I lack courage.

I'm such a stupid boy, for real.

Kind of crazy. And just really stupid as I said. I looked at the clock. It's pretty late. She's probably asleep by now.

I think back to when she was putting ointment on my stomach.

Her touch left a pleasant tingling sensation, and her caring look somehow made me completely soft.

And I asked her today if our friendship hadn't changed. God, I'm such an idiot! I clapped my hand on my head and sighed deeply.

Again I lay down and stared at the ceiling. How can I fix this?

Nara is already more important to me now than any other girl I know. And that after one week. She really has me under her spell.

My eyes were getting heavy. I'd just sleep on it for a night and then I'd see.

The tone of my mobile phone brought me back from my half-sleep, and confusedly I watched the message before my eyes grew big.

No, that can't be right. He's lying, I hope he is lying. She wouldn't! She cried because of me!

Is it all a bad dream?

Huijun
Hey Minjae, guess what!? I won the bet!