Chapter 2

Minjae POV

I looked at her and smiled. Okay, somehow I immediately liked her. If only because she didn't let Yoona talk her down.

I think that's pretty strong. Still, I shouldn't be too quick to be positive, even if Huijun poked me all the time.

Of course I knew what he wanted. He told me to sit back so he could look at her better, but nothing happened. Let him talk to her himself during the break.

So the teacher announced that she'd become a partner. Great. With the guy sitting next to us. That's even better. So I have to work directly with this Nara.

She looked at me, but she wasn't flexing any of her facial muscles. Her gaze was monotonous and almost bored, I would say. All right, then. My secret weapon.

I smiled at her in a friendly way. She seemed to be confused for a moment, but then smiled back just as friendly and turned back to the table. The teacher inscribed the subject.

Nara wrote properly. Another reason that distinguished her from the other girls in my age. She seemed to care about her grades, which I like.

"Okay, what subject shall we take?" she asked me, which brought me back to reality.

For a moment I let myself go through everything. Everything had something to do with music and bands.

"I would take the rise of The Beatles, or rather The Beatles. What do you think of that?" I asked her. Nara just nodded and wrote it down.

She is calmer than the other girls. Or maybe closed? Somehow I find her totally interesting.

The teacher arrived at our desk. Luckily The Beatles were not mentioned yet and since every topic was only mentioned once, Nara mentioned ours.

A hiss came from Yoona's place. "That piece of junk." I could hear it. So I rolled my eyes. Yoona is so disgusting. Nara laughed softly, so I looked at her confused.

Doesn't she mind at all?

Truly a mystery... Which made it all the more interesting. I think I'm going to win that bet. Not because I want to win, but because it's so interesting that I want to know her better.

I looked at her face a little closer when her soft brown-green eyes suddenly looked at me. "Do I have something on my face?" she asked me. I shook my head vigorously.

"No." I said and looked at her sheet. "We can start working, is there any library here where we could start researching?" she asked me.

I nodded quickly. "Yes, if we are allowed to go we can go right there." I said and she shrugged her shoulders. I did not move. Confused she looked at me.

"Do you want to ask or not?" she asked me. I was confused. Most girls always blushed when I looked at them. But with Nara it was different.

I nodded slightly and called her. "May we go to the library to investigate?" I asked. The teacher was now beaming at me formally. "What a great idea! Go ahead." she said.

Nara smiled slightly. "Do teachers always react so enthusiastically to this question?" she asked and had to stop her laughter.

I shook my head. "Not really." I murmured.

"Shall we go now?" She was getting impatient, so I had to smile. "Sure." I replied.

We got up and took our things to the library. Unfortunately I noticed Yoona following us a short time later. That's all I need now.

In the library we sat down at a table with a computer. At least I did. Nara sat down at the table next to it, which was empty. I looked at her questioningly.