Chapter 10

Nara POV

So we arrived at this camp where I already saw Minjae and avoided his gaze.

"Ignore him or nothing good will happen." Huijun's voice lingered in my head, so I sighed softly. This could be something.

My parents talked to his mother right away, and he came straight to me, of course. I looked around in panic.

"Nara..." he sighed and stood before me. I swallowed and shook my head slightly.  "What?" I asked as coldly as I could.

He smiled slightly. Just as he was about to say something, the person in charge interrupted us. I looked at him and listened.

"Hello, welcome to our canoe camp. So, it is best if the groups present here form  Preferably with two and maximum with three people." he explained.

I sighed briefly and looked at my parents.  They had already mentioned to Minjae's mother that they work with three people.  Minjae looked at me with a grin.

"Stop being so happy." I growled annoyed and hoped that Huijun would not see it. I still didn't know what he was after.

Minjae laughed briefly. "Okay, I'll stop looking forward." he said with a smile and listened to the person in charge.

"Okay, I hope everyone has their swimsuits on." he said. I slightly rolled my eyes.

Most people took their clothes off now, so I did too and gave them to my mother.

Wow, most of the girls here wear bikinis.  Interesting. Well, so did I.

I looked at Minjae who was now standing there in his bathing trunks and quickly looked away blushing.

Okay, he has more muscles than I thought.

I bit my lower lip and looked forward again.  "I will now hand out life jackets to you." he walked through the rows and gave each of ous one of these yellow jackets.

I put them on and it's really more uncomfortable than I thought.

Like ouch.

Then we all went forward one by one, and we were one of the last groups.

Actually there weren't many people here, but that's understandable somehow.

"Okay lovebirds, which one of you sits in the front and which one in the back?" the person in charge asked us.

Again I ran red. "We are not together!" it burst out of me.

Minjae just laughed and wagged his eyebrows, which didn't make the situation any better.

Finally we decided that Minjae would sit in the back and I in the front.

The person in charge explained us a few more important things and then we were already in the water.

The river is colder than I thought. Fortunately it is not very fast, there is no real current.

"Nara." Minjae called my name. I sighed. "What is it?" I asked.

"You must explain to me what this is about Huijun. I want to know." he said.

I squinted my eyes slightly and then shook my head slightly.

"I can't." I murmured, concentrating on the water. And on not losing the paddle.

Minjae also sighed now. "Why can't you explain it to me?" he asked me with a sad tone in his voice.

"Listen, I just can't tell you. Please stop asking me." I said slightly annoyed.

Minjae took a deep breath, but then he said nothing more.

Okay, now I feel bad, but how can I explain to him that Huijun told me not to do anything more with Minjae, because something bad would happen.

"I'm sorry, okay?" I asked him and turned my head slightly towards him.

Minjae just sat there and nodded slightly.

I noticed that he was now quite tense and didn't really want to talk anymore, so I left it too and said nothing more either.

The sound of the water calmed me down somehow, even if this silence is unusual. I watched the slightly wavering trees.

Minjae's silence, however, irritated me.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☁️🍒☁️˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Minjae POV

I just had an inner conflict. I'm dying to know what happened. And why Nara can't talk about it.

It's just all so damn confusing.

If I ask Huijun, he'll know I talked to Nara.  And Nara said Huijun can't know.

He's my best friend after all. Besides Sungmin.

Sungmim is not in Korea right now, his parents moved with him to Hong Kong for a while.

He must have some advice. Or maybe not. He's more of a joker or something like that. He's a total crackhead if I'm being honest.

I looked ahead to Nara who was listening to the water. I couldn't bug her again now, could I?

I took a deep breath. The fresh air isn't so bad, and our parents are out of sight.

For whatever reason.

I looked to the water, which was actually rushing soothingly and seemed quite satisfying.

Then I looked forward again. Nara was now looking down, but straight ahead. What is wrong with her?

I sighed briefly and sat up straight.

"Nara, I can understand that you don't want to talk about it. But sometimes talking is good..." I tried to encourage her.

She was silent.

But I just want to know. Not just because I'm curious, but also because I'm worried.

But I can see I'm growing impatient.

I put my hand on her shoulder and she was startled for a moment, I could tell by the way she flinched for a moment.

"He said that if I didn't, he'd make me sorry I spoke to you." she told me sighing.

I don't quite believe her, but that answer is better than nothing. Nevertheless, I was now slightly confused.

"What do you mean, you will regret it?" I asked.

"I believe that he will hurt you then. Or maybe he will spread rumours." I could hear the scared tone in her voice.

"I don't even know what I've done to him." she murmured.

I sighed briefly and took my hand off her shoulder. I would like to hug her now, just tell her that everything will be all right.

But it doesn't work that way.

"Then let him hurt me." I said, shrugging my shoulders. Nara turned to me.

"Oh no, not at all!" she hissed angrily, making me smile and her cheeks turned slightly red. So caring, too cute.

"We'll just do as he says. And if it went on long enough, I'll see what I can do." she said calmly.

It sounds simple, but it's not.

"How long will it take?" I asked, obviously not convinced of the plan.

She looked at the bottom of the canoe and shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know, I... I really don't know..." I thought as much.

We talked a little more, but not really much and arrived at the end of the canoe.

There we got off, fortunately we did not get particularly wet.

Then Nara's family said goodbye and she was gone. Just like that. My mother seemed to notice that something was wrong.

"You like her, don't you?" she asked me out of the blue.