Chapter 15

Nara POV

The week went by.  Tuesday, no sign of him and no one opened the door for me.  And so the rest of the days.

On Friday, however, something happened that I did not expect. "Come to my place after school."

I looked at Huijun in confusion and sighed softly before agreeing. "But don't think we'll be friends about this right away." I hissed.

He just laughed softly and we returned to the rather demanding subject.

Mathematics, I hate it.

I waited impatiently for the class to end. I have to admit I'm a little curious.

At last!

All the students ran out of the room and I ran next to Huijun, but remained silent or gave only very brief answers. I had no idea what he was up to.

When the crowd of students began to disperse, I saw him standing there. Minjae.

What's wrong with that boy? He didn't show up at school, but now he's standing there with that stupid grin on his face. I sighed softly for a moment.

I was quite worried about him, but now he is just standing there.

And smiles.

Huijun ran to him and gave him a pat-down as if nothing had happened. Was that a plan of theirs?

I slowly approached them and looked sceptically.

"He was with me all the time." Huijun said with a grin and I rolled my eyes.

Worries or not, I'm still angry.

"So?" I asked, visibly disinterested. Minjae's grin disappeared and he sighed softly. "Nara at least let me explain." he said softly.

I didn't know what to say. Huijun took the word. "You can both come to my place and straighten it out." he said.

I nodded slightly and continued to follow Huijun silently to his house.

"Hey Appa. These are two friends of mine from school." he told his father as we walked in.

He just nodded and we went to Huijun's room.

It's pretty cool.

It's a big, spacious, cozy room. Almost nicer than mine. I smiled slightly at the thought.

I looked at Huijun, who left the room again, and now I was alone with Minjae. That's great. Joy.

I looked at him expectantly, but he looked out the window. For whatever reason.

An uncomfortable silence fell. All that was heard was my nervous breathing and the clinking of keys when I moved.

Minjae now looked at me and smiled slightly.

"I owe you an explanation, what do you want to hear?" he asked. I sighed softly.

"Just explain everything." I said and he smiled briefly. Then he became serious, took a deep breath and began to talk.

"Last Friday after class, Yoona asked me to come with her to an actually empty room."

I nodded and listened intently.

"This was suddenly closed and she asked me the question." he said. "I am not proud of this bet..." he said with a sigh.

I didn't know why, but I had to smile slightly and nod.

"I said what you heard. I won't deny it." His serious expression made my heart beat faster for a moment.

So maybe he was serious after all? I trust him... Would he really betray my trust?

"However, every word of it is a lie, except for the wager  I find you really interesting, and I've fallen in love with you." he admitted.

I exhaled a sigh of relief, which made him smile for a moment.

"I only lied because I hope Yoona will finally leave us alone." Now I understood.

I felt sorry for what I had said, which is why I looked down at the floor, shocked.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☁️🍒☁️˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Minjae POV

Nara suddenly looked at the ground, so I sighed.

"And why haven't you been here all week now?" she asked me. Now I just had to grin and could not stop.

"You told me to leave." I said, shrugging my shoulders. She stood up, came to me and playfully slapped my arm.

"You idiot!" she said outraged and I laughed now before she wrapped her arms around me.

I also pulled her tightly into my arms and laughed softly one more time.

"Never do that again. I was really worried." she said sulking, so I had to keep smiling.

"I promise." I said and she exhaled contentedly. I sighed contentedly for a moment.

Huijun came into the room smiling. "I knew you'd work it out. Otherwise my dream couple would be destroyed." he said with a laugh.

While Nara broke away and blushed, I had to grin. Nara is simply a very special girl.

She is not like Yoona or her friends. She speaks her mind, she stands by it.

She's just the girl I always wanted.

Okay, that sounded corny.

I thought back to the confused boy's faces as Nara defended me, which is why I was smiling.

Nara hugged me again and snuggled up to me, I put my arms around her too.

I'm glad she forgave me for that stupid bet.  And that Huijun is back to normal is good, too.

The only problem left is Yoona. She'll see that everything is okay between us.

And she'll keep trying to break us up.

God that girl is so annoying.

Huijun had put two glasses of water on the table for Nara and me.

"If you want, we can go for a walk or do something together." he said.

I nodded slightly. "Sure. A walk sounds good." I said with a smile.

Nara also nodded and looked outside. "It's really nice weather today, so I'd love to go for a walk." she said smiling.

We got up and left the house again, walked along a beautiful path through a park.

Nara was really blossoming, which made me laugh.

"I love this flower. And that one! But this one is beautiful too!" she babbled and Huijun sighed briefly annoyed.

Then he laughed, too, which made Nara pout.

The walk is really nice, but something was wrong. I have a burning sensation in my neck all the time.

It's as if we were being watched...