Chapter 11

Minjae POV

Did she just seriously ask me that? She's here once and she knows the answer right away? Moms...

I sighed slightly and then nodded. "Yes. But she has a boyfriend. It's too complicated to explain." I said with a sigh.

My mother smiled at me, which confused me. "But I think she likes you too." she said.

"What makes you think so?" I asked her and tilted my head slightly. We were on the way to her car.

"She kept looking at you in between, and sometimes I noticed something very soft in her eyes."

Okay, that really surprised me.

"Okay, I'll try to explain it to you. But believe me, it's really complicated and confusing." I told my mother, who nodded slightly.

"So... I've known Nara for a week." I started. She just nodded. "And I got closer to her through our school project." I said.

"We had to prepare a lecture on The Beatles, which we have to give on Tuesday." I said. My mother nodded interested.

"The other night she went home from my place and it was already dark. I was worried, that's why I went after her." I said.

"There were three boys who got too close to her and I did fight with them for a moment." I said with a sigh. My mother looked at me worried.

"I am fine. Nara took care of me afterwards, that's why I spent the night with her. She didn't want me to go out again." I took a breath.

"The next day we went to an amusement park. With Huijun. Huijun is interested in her too." My mother nodded and opened the car.

"Anyway, there was something about dancing and... We almost kissed." I ran my hand through my hair and got into the car.

My mother had a slight grin on her face.

"And then last night there was suddenly Yoona and she kissed me. It was just for a moment. I pushed her away, but Nara saw it." I felt so bad.

I thought back to that night and I'd like to hit myself.

"She ran home all upset and I said, stupid as I am, I like someone else and I don't want our friendship to suffer because of it." I said.

My mother shook her head slightly. We were already driving.

"And then Huijun wrote me that he had won our bet." I sighed.

"Bet?" my mother asked suspicious.

"Everything started with a stupid bet. Whoever wrapped her around his finger first won the bet." I explained.

"Actually, I'd have won, but Huijun..." I stopped at my mother's critical gaze.

"You know that's no good?" she asked and I nodded.

"I've lost the bet." I said, leaning back a little.

"The thing is, Huijun is with Nara now because he said something will happen to me if she doesn't." I explained. "He takes it a bit too seriously." she said.

I nodded slightly. "I think he just wanted to win once, too." I said. "And Nara told me that today, that's how I know."

"And how do you want to continue?" my mother asked. "I have no idea, Eomma." I admitted openly and she smiled slightly.

"Nara seems very intelligent. I'm sure she'll think of something." she said with a smile. I shrugged my shoulders.

The rest of the ride we stayed rather quiet and listened to music.