Chapter 12

Nara POV

The boys, who were busy with Minjae a moment ago, looked at me startled. I clenched my hands into fists.

But the frightened look of the boys turned into an amused one, which made me all the more angry.

I ran towards them, even though Minjae shook his head.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked them coldly and they looked down at me with a confident grin on their faces.

"If you don't want to end up like your little friend here, then get out of here quickly and we'll turn a blind eye again." the apparent leader said.

I laughed softly for a moment. "Maybe I want to end up like that?" I asked with a provocative grin.

Everything fell from the face of the boy who had just spoken to me and he looked at me in astonishment. He had not expected that.

"Okay. Boys, finish her off." he growled and his comrades came towards me.

I continued to stand there grinning and Minjae looked at me as frightened as the guy just now.

His lip and forehead were bleeding. They had beaten him pretty badly. Still, I have no feeling that this had anything to do with Huijun.

This guy looked familiar to me. He had a certain resemblance to a person.

His two comrades tried to grab me but I swerved unaccompanied. They don't know I used to kickbox for a long time.

One of them tried to hit me, but I swerved, he missed and I grabbed his arm. Then I threw him at his buddy.

He was too confused to realize what was happening.

Both of them hit the ground roughly and I giggled briefly. The bigger boy looked at me coldly and clenched his hands in fists.

"You'll wipe that stupid grin off your face, Nara." he hissed.

Then the three boys disappeared, fortunately. Apparently they didn't want to beat up a girl, which I was quite happy about.

I hurried to Minjae on the floor and took his face in my hands. "What happened here?" I asked gently and looked at him.

"They pulled me from the crowd here. I fought back, but..." he sighed and flinched briefly. "They were too strong." he said.

I smiled slightly and then looked at him worried. "Where did they hurt you?" I asked and stroked his cheek lightly with my thumb.

"They kicked me and worked on my lip. I don't know what everyone has against my face." he said and smiled slightly mischievously.

I shook my head briefly and hurried back to the teachers' room in the school building.

"Miss Ling, do you have a first-aid kit for me?" I asked when I was invited in.

Confused, the teacher gave me one of the boxes and I hurried back to the sports field.

There I saw a familiar face. "Huijun!?" I asked, confused. This one looked at me. "Nara what happened here?" he asked in shock.

"Three boys beat up Minjae." I growled. Then I pushed him aside and started to take care of Minjae again. This one hissed again.

"Sorry." I murmured and continued.

"Huijun, what kind of sick game are you playing?" I asked relatively calmly and looked at him.

He looked at me confused, then shocked.

"I have nothing to do with that! That warning I gave, that was only a means to an end. I could never hurt Minjae. He is still my best friend." he explained.

I believe him. If he was lying, he would be much more nervous. But he is calm and also worried about Minjae.

I continued to care for Minjae and then sighed. "Do you know those three boys?" I asked. This one denied, which frustrated me.

The one big boy looked so damn familiar.

Still I can't identify him! I sighed just as frustrated and closed the first aid box again. Minjae smiled at me gratefully.

I took the box back to the teachers' room and said goodbye before I went back.

Huijun and Minjae talked and Huijun smiled at me when I returned.

"Sorry for blackmailing you. I don't know what got into me. I hope you can forgive me and you can be with Minjae." he said with a grin.

I laughed slightly and gave Huijun a short hug.

"You scatterbrain. Of course I forgive you." I said giggling and then looked happily at Minjae.

He smiled just as happily as I and I crawled to him.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☁️🍒☁️˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Minjae POV

Nara came crawling to me and immediately I took her in my arms. I'm glad it was me and not her.

Still, this one boy seemed strangely familiar to me. This confuses me, I want to know who that is.

Huijun just smiled at us and showed me a thumbs-up. I should tell Nara about the bet. But what if she doesn't take it well.

I closed my eyes slightly, and the warmth Nara was giving me just now did me some good.

I stroked her head and hair and sighed contentedly for a moment.

"We should go shopping together tomorrow," Huijun suggested with a grin. I laughed and Nara didn't really respond.

"Well I'm in." I said with a grin and Nara giggled softly.

"Me too. But you must know that it takes much longer with me than with you." she said laughing.

Huijun also laughed and shook her head. "Girls always take forever to get there." he said eye-twisting.

"Hey!" Nara said outraged and looked at him sulking.

Huijun and I started laughing and got up. "Let's go home." Nara said smiling and took my hand.

Together we finally left the school grounds and strolled along the beautiful path. Huijun also joined us again.

But that boy was still buzzing around in my head.

Huijun started to hum and Nara smiled at him slightly. I hummed along. It is Huijun's and my favorite song.

Nara just listened to us smiling and looked at the path.

As always, the flowers had especially beautiful colors, which were especially good in the sunlight.

"We can also throw an overnight party at my place. My parents are away, as usual." Nara said with an enthusiastic grin.

I laughed softly and then nodded. "I'd love to." I said with a smile. Huijun nodded, too.

"Fine, let's do it. But we'll go shopping tomorrow anyway!" she said enthusiastically and I had to laugh again.

So we walked to Nara's house together ready for the party.