Chapter 3

Nara POV

Minjae pulled me into the schoolyard. Actually, I didn't feel like looking stupid, so I just went with him.

Huijun finally came too and stood a little too close to me. I would have liked to move aside, but Minjae was standing there.

If I moved closer to Minjae now, I'd feel stupid.

My gaze wandered across the yard. Many of the students looked at me friendly, but also a few with contempt.

But I am not interested. Let them look.

Sorry I'm more American than Korean. I still like my heritage.

My eyes were now on Minjae, who had tapped me. A bit confused I looked at him. "What's up?" I asked, and he seemed almost nervous.

"Do you want to come to my place after school, or should I come to yours?" he asked. I was confused for a moment.

"What?" Then I knew what it was about. "I see." I mumbled and thought for a moment.

My parents aren't home anyway. Dad's at the office in the hospital until midnight and my mother is on a trip, since she's a model.

"As you wish." I said, shrugging my shoulders. Curiosity was in his eyes.

"Then I'll come home with you." he said.

I nodded and smiled slightly. "Okay, but think about what you're getting into. It's hell." I said sarcastically and he laughed slightly. "I've always wanted to see those." he replied with a shrug.

I had to grin. "Well then, I'd like to welcome you after school today." I said.

He gave me a amused look, and I turned away, since Huijun was tapping me all the time. "What is it?" I asked, even sounding quite friendly.

He smiled at me broadly. "One day here and you've got a date right away?" he asked and I laughed.

"No, a meeting for the project. Like, you already knew about that project." I said.

Minjae playfully slapped him on the shoulder. "You are just jealous." he said provocatively. Huijun laughed. "Jealous of you? Very funny Minjae." he said provocatively.

I rolled my eyes slightly.

"Relax a bit." I said, and they both looked at me with smiles. Something was wrong, I'm sure of it now.

Or maybe it's just my imagination. That's more like it.

I hate my thoughts.

And you know who else I hate? Yoona. That bitch is coming at us again, which is why I rolled my eyes and got pissed off.

"Minjae..." she caught him and squeezed between us. "You know I regret it." she said, looking at him sadly. That girl is a huge mystery.

Minjae clenched his hands in fists and I would think that he would spark because he looked so angry.

"Stop acting, okay!? I just don't want to see you anymore." he growled.

In fact, he was still relatively calm. In my eyes. Something happened between them and I'd like to know what. Yoona's gaze darkened.

"Is it because of her!? You've known her for three hours! Or is it another one of your stupid bets!?" she asked cold and forcefully.

My eyes became big.

Bet?

I became suspicious. I didn't trust Yoona as much as I trusted Minjae, but... Somehow, at that moment, I believed Yoona.