Soon Enough

Mina stared at Kirishima in silence for a good 30 seconds before releasing a simple, "Wow."

"I know right???"

Sero shook his head with a laugh, "Woah dude- you're more gay then I thought."

Jirou rolled her eyes, "Kaminari is literally sitting on your lap-"

Kami just smiled as Sero raised an eyebrow at her, "Your point being?"

"Guys please- Kiri needs our help! We can talk about KamiSero after figuring out the KiriBaku situation."

Jirou gave Mina a strange look as she asked, "Did you- make ship names-"

"-GUYS!!!" The gang all turned to Kirishima who still looked absolutely mortified. His hair was a mess because he kept running his hands through it and his face was still bright red because everytime he closed his eyes he would see Bakugou in front of him.

His eyes closed, the faint hint of moonlight that broke through the bathroom window, hitting Katsuki in just the right way that it made him seem like he was glowing-

Okay maybe the moonlight is a little overboard but come on it's Kirishima's mind for crying out loud.

That... does explain why Kiri's mind kept falling back to how his hair just softened with moisture like Katsuki was calm for the first time in a long while. Or how you could feel the smoothness of his sides, was the rest of his skin that... gentle? His lips were right there, how soft could they be...how easy it would've been to kiss-

"KIRI!" Kirishima snapped out of his thought with a hand covering his mouth.

Mina looked pinker then usual and Even Kami and Sero weren't making eye contact. Jirou seemed to be holding back laughter as the realization came that he had been thinking out loud.

"That's a little too much for us man-" Kaminari had turned a meek shade of red after Eijirou started describing Bakugou in... such detail... "But I see what you mean about needing help. If you're gonna win that challenge thing-"

"-which you've both already lost but are too stubborn and blind to admit."

"Shush Jirou, as I was saying, if you're gonna win that challenge thing then you gotta keep these Bakugou-cootie outbursts to yourself!"

Mina still had her hand over Kiri's mouth so she asked the obvious question for him, "Bakugou-cootie outbursts?"

Sero started making joke kissy-faces at Kiri's direction as Kami explained, "The ramblings about the smoothness of his sides- how easy it would've been to kiss-"

"How's the studying going in here, kiddos?" Kirishima's Ma had poked her head in so fast that Kaminari fell of Sero with a screech.

"Oh sh- you okay kid??" She helped Kami off the floor and gave him a hard pat on the back. "There you go! All better!"

"Ow- ah yeah- just a bump!" Kami let out a small yelp of pain when he felt the actual bump on his head from when he hit the floor.

"You'll need some ice for that, come with me I think we've got some frozen peas in the fridge out back-" Kami nodded and Sero followed close behind with concern laced in his eyes.

"Children?" Kirishima's Mom came out from the kitchen and offered them a smile. "Mina, Jirou, before we eat would you girls like to go through some of my old clothes from when I was your age? I'm going to donate them tomorrow so whatever you like you can take home with you."

Mina bounced up in excitement. "OH YEAH!!! FASHION SHOW?"

The mother gave a heart-filled laughed, it was actually a very beautiful, light as the breeze.

Damn... Rubi married well.

Anyway, she tapped her forehead and smiled once more. "I knew you'd want to."

Jirou stayed behind with Kiri as Mina followed Safaia to the upstairs bedrooms. Jirou was about to speak until she heard a soft: "Ah- woah! Looking good, Bakugou!" coming from the stairway.

With a quick leap she was standing up and heading for the stairway.

"Wh- Jirou?? Where are you going?"

"Gonna try on clothes I guess- I just don't wanna get in the way of any sexual tension~" She winked at Kiri before leaving him to fend against the incoming pomeranian all on his own.

"Oh shit-"

"..."

"O-oh shit-"

Kirishima's jaw instantly dropped as he saw Bakugou exit from the stairwell.

"How is he wearing my clothes better then I do??"

Kiri saw Bakugou's mouth twitch after he- oh no he thought out loud again.

Could you blame him? Bakugou had been up in Kiri's bedroom alone and free to wear whatever he could find. Eventually settling on a tight black pride shirt with... ugh... jeans. Bakugou wasn't a particular fan but they were sitting at the top of the pile and did fit pretty nice.

Kiri practically ate the outfit up until the realization that- holy shit he's wearing my boxers- hit rather strongly.

With that, Kiri looked away before Bakugou could call him out on the staring.

Oh how easy this could all be over- just one word and-

"No! Wait-"

Kiri made sure to cover his mouth just in case he spoke out loud again. That brings up an interesting point- had he been speaking his thoughts out loud this whole time?

Dear god (All Might) he hoped not.

"Nonono. Kiri you've come this far! One week without using your quirk would hurt more then your grade! Your pride is on the line!!! Or something!!!"

Kirishima took a deep breath before suddenly feeling like someone was watching him. He looked at the mirror that hanged over his living room mantle and almost choked.

Bakugou's eyes met his own through the mirror. Bakugou's eyes were practically on fire with intensity, some deep primal desire was filling up inside his friend and it was aimed directly at him.

Kiri gulped as he realized Bakugou hadn't even noticed that Kiri was staring back at him. Katsuki was more focussed on taking in every last bit of Kiri that he could.

Eijirou felt his face re-heat with the flame that he felt every time he closed his eyes to see Bakugou in front of him, but now it was through glass. Simple, clear, breakable glass was all that kept them apart.

"But I'm unbreakable.

A challenge lost won't break me...

But a broken heart might-"

Kirishima stood up. He had his hands clenched into fists. When he turned around it startled Bakugou but that face was filled with pure determination.

"...Bakug-"

"-KIRI LOOK AT THIS COOL JACKET! IT'S LIKE FULL ON MAFIA MODE!" Mina bounced down the stairs and started posing in the area between Kiri and Bakugou.

Bakugou's composure disintegrated as he felt an empty pit in his stomach.

Kiri wasn't gonna quit today.

Dammit.