5: Suprise

Gulf woke up early and turned off the alarm in annoyance. It was saturday and he wanted to sleep but he had forgotten to turn off the alarm the previous night so he was quite moody now. Just when he tried going back to sleep, his phone started vibrating to the point it almost fell off the table. Gulf who was more annoyed now turned on his phone and slowly opened his eyes to view all the messages.

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐝
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY GULF🥰🥰" -Dome
"Congratz for finally turning 20 you idiot🥳🥳🥳" -Pavel
"HAPPY B'DAY GULF💞" -Saint
"HBD nong Gulf, hope you have a nice day😝" -Zee
"Happy 20th bro" -plan
"Hope you have a crazy day🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪" -Joong
"HBD friend" -Boat
"Don't have too much fun with Mew today😂😂😂😂 " -Mild
+109 more
𝐄𝐧𝐝

"Shittttt it's my birthday, how could you forget that Gulf" he spoke softly to himself. Now he was fully awake and rushed to the bathroom to have a shower and get his shit together for once. He was excited that he was 20 and was even more excited to have fun with Mew today, he just loved the fact that this time he would be celebrating his birthday with his lover.
Gulf had been wondering where Mew was as he hadn't seen him since he woke up.

Gulf dressed up in smart looking clothes and strolled out of the bathroom as he heard the front door opening.
"Oh, your awake, good morning Gulf" Mew said as he quickly placed a kiss on Gulf's pink plump lips and went and hopped on the sofa, turning on the tv.
"Why are you so dressed up today Gulf, are you going somewhere?" Mew asked.
Gulf was flabbergasted. Had Mew really forgotten his birthday? He thought to himself.

"Don't you know what day it is today phi?" Gulf asked with his puppy eyes, staring at Mew with hope.
"Huh? Today? Today's saturday. Why? We weren't supposedto go on a date or anything today right?" Mew replied.
A sense of disappointment rushed through Gulf, he was sad and a bit angry. Today was one of the most important days of his life and he was excited to spend it with Mew, but he had forgotten.  Seriously? "Huh...no...it's nothing. I'm just heading out to meet Mild. I'll be back soon" and Gulf quickly ran out of the door, hoping Mew wouldn't see the tears dripping down his face.

𝑴𝒆𝒘'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽
"It's finally the day. The day my beautiful Gulfie was born" he thought to himself and quickly got ready, kissed his sleeping baby and left the house. He had ordered a cake from one of the best bakeries in town, and was now going to pick it up. After collecting the cake he rushed off to Tul's house so that he could leave the cake there, to make sure Gulf wouldn't find out.

Mew had been planning this suprise for days now and he was so excited to see Gulf's suprised face. As soon as he went back home the first thing he saw was Gulf all dressed up, looking as handsome as ever. Mew just wanted to swallow Gulf on the spot but he held himself back. The moment Gulf started questioning him, a nasty thought came into Mew's head. He planned to pretend he couldn't remember Gulf's special day. After Gulf left the house in a hurry Mew regretted a bit though. He didn't want Gulf to be sad but he did it anyways cause he wanted this to be a huge surprise.
𝑬𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽

Gulf walked along the busy streets alone, wondering what he was gonna do now. The idiot had walked out without his purse and couldn't even go anywhere now. He was just pissed and sorta wanted to get away from Mew for the time being. He called up Mild and asked to hang out and headed off to Starbucks after Mild agreed to meet him there.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FRIEND", Mild walked in with a smile and handed Gulf a present. "Sooooooo what's up? Why the hell do you want to meet me when your husband is at home with you?" Mild said with a smirk.
"Oh shut up Mild" Gulf said as he elbowed his friend softly in the stomach.
"Sooooo, what did your boyfriend get you huh huh huh?!?!?" Mild asked full of curiosity but his excitement reduced ad he saw his friend lowering his head with a sad face. "Hey...what's wrong?" Mild asked with a worried look on his face.
"I think...Mew forgot my birthday" Gulf said, holding back his tears.
Mild didn't say anything, Mew had informed him earlier that he would be surprising Gulf and had told Mild not to spoil it for him. So all Mild could do his hug Gulf and pat his back gently. "It's okay Gulf, you must be mistaken, I'm sure he remembers it. Don't worry, he will." Mild said and managed to calm Gulf down.

"Urgh where are you taking me Mild? I told you I'm not in the mood" Gulf yelled as Mild dragged him towards a studio. He pushed Gulf inside and closed the door, locking him in. Mild quickly ran off, happy he completed his mission.

It was dark and cold and just when Gulf was about to burst into tears, the lights turned on, revealing a sight Gulf has never seen before. Bubbles floated in the air and balloons drifted around in the air. Multi-coloured banners were draped on the top of each door. A stack of unopened presents stood in the corner of the room wrapped in smooth shiny wrapping paper. A silk bow had been carefully tied arount each parcel.

And there stood Mew in the centre of all that, holding a huge cake covered in thick white icing decorated with tiny red roses. He slowly started walking towards Gulf singing happy birthday and Gulf was now smiling from ear to ear, tears flooding down his cheeks, but this time they were tears of happiness and relief.

"Happy Birthday Gulf, I love you so much and your the most precious person in my life" Mew whispered and placed the cake on a table in order to kiss Gulf. After kissing till both of them were satisfied, Mew slowly wiped Gulf's tears with his thumb. "Awwww are you so touched that your crying?" Mew chuckled.
"Go away! I hate you" Gulf said in a soft annoyed voice and brushed Mew's hand away.
"Heyyyyy I'm sorry, did you really think I forgot your birthday. That's impossible Gulf, you know how much I care about you!" Mew reassured Gulf and hugged him tightly.

After Gulf stopped being annoyed, he took a moment to look at the fully decorated studio and then at Mew. Mew had really gone all out with the preparations. He smiled and then hopped onto Mew's arms in happiness. "Thank you for all this phi! I love you"
"I love you too Gulfie" Mew said as he spun Gulf around in his arms.