Chapter 2

The most surprised person in the large hall was Peng Qi Lang, his eyes balls shot out in shock; he turned around to look at his personal guard who was standing at the corner of the throne not far from him and his guard also looked right back at him like he was also shocked.

The prince immediately knelt down and started kowtowing and protesting to his mother before the throne.

"Mother, your royal majesty, I do not want the throne, I...I cannot accept this, am so young, I don't know anything about the palace, mother please, I am not ready to get married yet, please mother please I besiege you to take back your decrees, I beg you "

"How dare you question my authority and say you are not yet ready? You are my only available heir Peng Qi, do you want those consorts and concubine sons to take over the throne that rightfully belongs to you? Over my dead body to let those other princes rule this nation. Since Shan Wu died and Qiang Xu disappeared, you are the only true royal heir left. You are now eighteen years old. You are matured enough and long overdue for marriage, all your age mates are married so get ready to get married and produce an heir for me."

She showed no remorse toward her dead son or the one who went on exile, she was a strong-hearted woman and was determined to hold onto power at any cost.

Prince Peng Qi Lang was furious, in a flash of an eye his life was about to change, he could not accept this.

"My son, this matter has been concluded, you are to move into the inner palace immediately, your welfare and schedules will be taken care of by chief eunuch Hao and the date of your marriage will be set as soon as possible. As for whom you will be marrying, I will personally see to it. On the day of your wedding will also be your coronation as the Emperor of this great Lang Empire. I will become the Empress Dowager after your coronation. That is all I have to say today to you."

"What ?! No no no no, your majesty, this can't be happening, I don't want, I said I don't want to be crown prince"

With tears in his eyes he cried out refusing his mother's orders, if he had the chance he would run out of the hall but he knew it was not possible as it was an abomination and he might be killed by his ruthless mother, he watched with tears in his eyes as she stood up, took the crown and placed the silver crown on Peng Q's head.

"I decree that as from today, the third prince, Peng Qi Lang is officially now the Crowned prince of this great Lang Empire"!

Everyone cheered in chorus while kowtowing in unison despite the uproar.

"All Hail the Crown Prince!!!"

"Court dismissed!" She spoke loudly with great authority as the whole hall continued to congratulate the now crown Prince Peng Qi and kowtowing to her royal majesty as she makes her way out.

"All hail the Empress !!!"

The Empress Regent left her dragon throne with her staff of power followed by her servants and guards feeling satisfied, everyone walked out of the court leaving the third prince.

His servants rushed in.

Crown Prince Peng Qi sat down on the floor like a spoiled child, removed the crown from his head, and angrily threw it to the corner of the hall as his servants rushed to pull him up and retrieve the silver crown rolling on the marble floor.

"Everyone! Leave me alone!"

All his servants fearfully discarded and went out of the court to wait for him outside. Only his person guard assistant general Zhen Shi was fearless and refused to leave him alone.