Chapter 8

The new Empress of Lang woke up very late in the morning feeling like a log of wood, he felt his bones where shattered and red marks was all over his body.

The Emperor had already left to join the Empress Dowager for the morning court. Before he left he had instructed the servants not to disturb the Empress and let him sleep to his satisfaction.

'That bastard, just where did he get all the energy to wake so early and go to court after all the sinister things they did last night? ' He murmured to himself while clenching his teeth very hard.

He tried to stand up but his legs were very weak and he felt a sharp pain at his rear end  down to the sole of his feet and he shivered.

His servants ran over and helped him up into the bath, they were all shyly blushing and smiling, Zhen Shi totally lost his face.

After bathing him they dressed him and led him back to bed, gave him some pain relieving tea, served him a warm nutritious food and he went back to sleep.

Back at the court, the Emperor made excuses on behalf of the Empress on why he couldn't be with him at the court today.

So many petitions were tendered before him, he still can't read nor write very well, he took a glance at his mother who gave him the royal stamp and he stamped them according to her instructions, he didn't even know what he was stamping, two were stamped with red ink(approved) while one was stamped with black ink(disapproved).

His mother was very happy, this was exactly the kind of son she wanted,obedient and doesn't question anything.

What Emperor Peng Qi stamped where,

- The edict to officially accepts the consorts and induct them into his harem, and also their hierarchy which the Empress personally accorded to them.

-He approved more funds for feeding of the royal family as they has just added more consorts to feed.

-The edict which was disapproved was application from the king of TiaMo requesting  funds from the Emperor to treat the plague killing his people.

After the court session, the Emperor returned quickly to their dragon bed, the sheets had already been changed by the servants when the Empress was bathing, his empress was sleeping soundly wearing a white robe.

The Emperor quickly took off all of his cloths remaining the inner white layer, went into the quilt and took the Empress into his arm, he noticed he was burning with fever, he quickly ordered the maids to bring cold water and he personally whipped him, then wrapped him in his embrace till they both slept off, he had really wanted to continue from where they stopped but because the Empress was sick he had to suspend his agenda till further notice.

This has always been what he wanted for years, even though he used a tricky method to get him, he still has no regrets, even if this guard secretly hates him, he doesn't mind, he only wish one day this man can open his heart to him and love him back.

Back in the province streets, the royal wedding and coronation was hitting up, a lot of people were still shocked that the new Emperor turned down all those elite pretty ladies and boys just for his mere guard.

They couldn't phantom it, these beauties were no ordinary, some were royals and some were from wealthy homes.

So just what did the Emperor see in the lowly guard?

Some of the ladies in the poor settlements actually supported their new Emperor's choice and believed that he truly loved his guard; they saw him as the knight in shining armor.

Others who claimed to have met the Emperor once at the bar claimed that the Emperor usually flirted with this particular guard openly at the manor.