Chapter 24

Next day.

Zhen Shi dragged the Emperor to accompany him to visit the consorts whom had given birth to his children.

Emperor Peng Qi reluctantly went along because he knew If he did not go with his wife, things might be harder for him at night. And Zhen Shi will frown at him all day, which he doesn't like so he had no choice but to obey his wife and go visit the consorts and their babies.

So, a message was sent out to all the consorts who gave birth to prepare for the Emperor's visit.

Ordinarily, Zhen Shi could have gone alone to visit them but brother Luo told him that he overheard his servants secretly saying that consort Xue Ling cried to the Empress Dowager, saying that the Emperor has refused to visit her child and that he only accepted late consort Jia's baby and because of this Zhen Shi insisted that the Emperor must go with him.

When they arrived at consort Xue Ling's quarters, they were welcomed by her and her servants.

Although consort Xue Ling hated the fact that the Emperor didn't come alone and came with the Empress, she still manage to fake a smile and handed over her baby boy to the Emperor to hold.

The Emperor has never held a baby in his life, this was his very first time. The baby was so tiny he didn't know if he should hold the head or the legs, he was confused on what to do because the baby was so delicate.

Consort Xue Ling arranged the baby in the Emperor's arms and smiled beautifully at him.

"My lord, this is your son and my son, please can his majesty name this child? I have been waiting for you to name this child for over a month."

The Emperor looked at the tiny baby in his arms who was sleeping peacefully and had a little faint of joy in his heart, before seeing the baby he was uninterested but after looking at the tiny being which was in his arms, his heart softened and he smiled, it was like Xue Ling vomited his carbon copy, his nose, chin and even the shape of his head all looked like him, he looked at the baby and looked at his smiling Empress by his side and said.

"My Empress, he looks so much like me, which name do you think fits him?"

Consort Xue Ling was happy when the Emperor complimented her son but was suddenly disappointed when he asked the Empress to suggest a name for her child and she couldn't have that, so she cuts the Empress before he opened his mouth to reply the Emperor.

"Your majesty! May I suggest a name? I think he should be named Zhaohui which means wisdom. I will want him to grow up with a lot of wisdom to rule this nation one day, since he is the first prince."

She said and bowed her head to the Emperor again and said.

" That is, if you wish to call him that"

Emperor Peng Qi took another look at his Empress who was standing by his side smiling and nudging at him to agree and then turned his head back to look at consort Xue Ling who was still bowing and said.

"Zhaohui it is...Zhao Hui Lang"

He smiled brightly and handed the baby over to Zhen Shi.

The Empress took the baby, smiled at the baby and said.

" Today I, Empress Zhen gives you my blessings, may you live long and prosper"

He smiled and handed over the baby to consort Xue Ling who thanked them continuously, although she was with a smile on her face but her heart was bitter.

Next was consort Qing BoJing's quarters where they were already prepared and waiting for them, they were welcomed greatly and the baby was handed over to the Emperor, this was the second time in his life holding a baby, so he was now gradually getting comfortable with it, each time he sees the smile on Zhen Shi's face he will also smile.