Chapter 3

[ I hope you guys are enjoying my story so far. Please pardon my errors. My country is on lock down due to the #CoronaVirus so since am staying indoors I will be updating as many chapters as I can daily so add it to your reading list plzzzzzzz 🙏🙏🙏. Enjoy!]

At the break of dawn, Zhen Shi washed and dressed up in usual brownish cloth then hurried to the crown prince's new room, the prince was still sleeping soundly.

The servants and eunuchs were all in the room kneeling and waiting to wash and get their master ready to join the Empress Regent for his first morning court.

This was something Peng Qi was not used to, he normally wakes at least eleven to twelve noon to wash, eat, bath and then resume his day by heading to the manor or hunting, fishing or riding horses or better still just do nothing and enjoy himself at the manor all day till night.

After several failed attempts by his servants to wake him as usual by slightly shaking him while softly and gently begging him to wakeup. They got tired so Zhen Shi has no option as usual and decided to try as they were about to be late for morning court.

"My prince.... crowned prince, please wake up, we must attend the court with the Empress Regent so you have to try and wake up so that you can get ready."

Peng Qi was so deep in slumber and did not even hear a thing.

"Your highness, please wake up, we can't afford to be late..."

Peng Qi slightly opened his eyes and angrily asked.

".... Ooo. What time is it? Why are you disturbing me so early? I've not slept enough ah."

The prince had a serious hangover and due to the brightness of the interior he quickly closed his eye again. He hissed and angrily pulled the quilt up to cover his head trying to block the morning sun.

"My prince, chief eunuch Hao sent your daily routines early this morning and we must follow this routine diligently, you wouldn't want to anger her royal majesty on your first day at the court right? My prince, please try to wake up, the servants have already made you a hangover soup, please stand up and drink OK?." He tried to be tender and gentle as possible.

Peng Qi was tired of Zhen's continuous pleading so he angrily sat up out of irritation and hissed.

"Is this how it's going to be from now on? I can't even sleep in peace anymore? Ugh"

"Good morning you highness" All the servants bowed their head and greeted him but he ignored them.

"My prince, did you have a good sleep?"

"Hmm"

His personal guard was the only one he managed to answer while still frowning.

The crowned prince reluctantly came down from the bed and Zhen Shi stepped aside and bowed to his master who was now fully awake.

The prince  hissed and made his way into the toilet. After easing himself, he came out and stood in front of the warn bath tub prepared by his servants who were waiting to wash and prepare him for the court.

"All of you listen and listen to me carefully from today henceforth, only Zhen Shi is allowed to bath me, the only thing you are allowed to do in the morning is prepare my bath water, prepare my cloths and wait for me outside, am I clear? All of you should get out "

Zhen Shi was startled and shocked, he was only a personal guard and not a servant so why should he be the one to do the job of the servant? But before the personal guard could voice out his grievances, the prince gave him a deadly glare, so he could only reluctantly node his head.