Chapter 16

Empress Zhen's servants woke him up in the morning to prepared him for the morning court.

He followed his daily morning routine by paying his respect at the Eagles chambers where most of the consorts usually have their breakfast with Empress Wu Yue and joined them.

Even though he was physically weak, Zhen Shi still forced himself to eat. He didn't want to give the Dowager or his fellow wives the honor of mocking him.

Some of the consorts and concubines were jealous of the Empress general because he was the only one that could sit or walk properly.

The rest of them were in lots of pain due to the crazy night they had with the Emperor.

They screeched in pain and kept adjusting in their sits throughout the breakfast, they all carried frowns on their faces.

They just discovered the Emperor was simply a beast and wondered in their heart how the Empress general was able still wake up after a night with the Emperor and still join them everyday to the Eagle chambers.

That was not all, they also wondered how the Empress was able to sit every day at the court with the Emperor without crying out in pain, they suddenly realize that the Empress general was simply a demigod who was worthy of their respects. They can't imagine another night with the Emperor.

The Empress dowager and Empress proceeded from the eagles chambers general along with their servants and guards proceeded to join the Emperor at the court after their breakfast.

On reaching there, the Emperor was already on the dragon throne with a murderous look on his face.

No one in the red chambers dared to breath, of course, everyone knows by now the cause of the Emperor's mood and didn't dare to misbehave.

After they greeted the Emperor and took their sits by his sides, the court secretary who was literally shivering started reading out the petitions for the day..

First of the petition for the day was the reply from the king of XuTai stating that they have accepted the date set for the wedding of the first princess Yong to their 4th prince and will be coming on the set date to pay her dowries and marry her with all the exorbitant gift items Wu Yue Kingdom requested.

Next on the agenda was the case of king of ZanZhu, it stated that the spies have been gathering information about the king and that he has been secretly raising armies in his kingdom and once he is powerful enough he will demand to be independent from Lang empire.

In respect to this petition, the Emperor seeked his mother's opinion and then said.

" I, Peng Qi, the Emperor of Lang will not have any king under my reign disobey me. Minister of Justice, write a decree right away to depose the king of ZanZhu, the assistant minister of Defense Minister GangXi should take the army and be in charge of ZanZhu for now until am able to find someone suitable and loyal enough to be the king of Zanzhu, he should also be jailed immediately till further orders from me, secondly his daughter consort Jinhua Han should be demoted immediately to the status of a concubine, this is my decree!"

Everyone were shocked at the Emperor's sudden decision to depose the king of Zan Zhu, this matter has just been presented and has not been properly investigated nor deliberated upon by the court.

How can the Emperor be this brutal?

Everyone were whispering to each other while lowering their voices, they dare not go against the Emperor's orders.

Zhen Shi was shocked, he wondered why the Emperor would just agree to his mothers decision without consulting the court but he dare not alter a word because he had no right whatsoever at this point.