Chapter 27

Consort Xue Ling was strapped to the chair all day at the discipline committee compound and continued be tortured yet no confession.

The Minister of Defense came up with the plan to bring the former minister of rites to meet the daughter face to face.

He was brought in chains before his bloodied face daughter, he was shocked at the look of his daughter because she was almost unrecognisable.

He felt a bang of sharp pain in his heart, he couldn't believe this was his precious daughter Xue Ling.

He was then strapped to a chair opposite his daughter as the royal army began to torture Xue Ling right in front of his eyes.

His daughter screams loudly as they stretch both of her thighs apart with planks, he was sweating and biting his lips trying to bear it, the veins on his forehead popped out such that you can literally see all the branches spread across his forehead.

He couldn't stand the sight of his daughter been tortured but he still tried to hold it in because despite everything, his daughter signaled him not to open his mouth.

But which father can bear the sight of their beloved daughter been inhumanly tortured?

When the stretching and heavy whipping was not working, they brought an oven full of burning coal with a short knife inserted inside burning right before her eyes, both father and daughter went in to panic mood.

Consort Xue Ling could bear anything but the loss of her sight was not part of it.

Minister Kang asked again.

"Consort Xue Ling speak now! Where is the antidote of the poison you used on the Emperor ? If you don't still speak, I will pluck your eyes out one after another, I will not stop at that, I will start to cut your fingers one after another and then pluck out your teeth one after another."

Xue Ling started to shiver and weighed her options, like this, if she confessed that it was her father and Empress Wu Yue that gave her the poison, she and her father will still be executed and if she doesn't, after cutting her piece by piece, death is still the answer so she decided to take the later and called it bluff in her mind.

Minister Kang took the burning knife, and brought it closer to her right eye, she was sweating and shivering as the heat from the hot burning knife drew closer and closer to her face yet she was still brave but her old father could not take it any longer and shouted.

"STOP! Enough please! I will tell you everything you want to know."

The minister of defense quickly turned to the father and said.

" Where is the Antidote?"

"It's tied up inside a bottle inside a small box and buried inside the small river at the foot of the mountain beside the temple."

Immediately he finished speaking, the Minister of Defense swoop into action and ordered the royal guards to take him along and they hurried to the mountain foot were the temple was located.

After consort Xue Ling heard his father confessed every other things, she knew the end of the road had come for her so she admitted to conniving with the Empress Dowager to kill the Emperor and that they had killed the slave involved, she agreed to these confessions on the condition that her son would be protected so she also gave up all the names of the guards and everyone involved in the conspiracy, they were all arrested immediately.

She further confessed to have also connived with her father to terminate consort Ying Shi Li's pregnancy.

In a matter of 30 minutes, the antidote was found and dough up.