Chapter 10

Next day.

At the court the announcing official's voice vibrated loudly across the red chamber announcing the arrival of the Emperor and his Empress.

Everyone bowed and greeted the royals, after which the Empress Zhen Shi sat beside the Emperor on the phoenix throne.

The official immediately announced the arrival of Empress Dowager, everyone bowed and greeted her, their sitting position was still as that day at the coronation.

Normally Empress Dowager was supposed to stop attending court since there was now a new Emperor but everyone knows she was the one in charge and only used her son as camouflage.

"Your Majesty the Emperor of great Lang, The Empress, mother of the nation and of course the Empress Dowager, this lowly servant congratulates you on your coronations, may you all live long to rule and govern our people truly. I, minister of defense Guo Kang pledges my full loyalty to you the Emperor, been in charge of the army of the great Lang empire and the adoptee father of the Empress, whenever you order me, I will be there to support and protect our nations against any foreign or domestic enemy, you have my unquestionable loyalty"

Once minister Guo Kang finished to speak, everyone was shocked especially the Empress Dowager and the minister of rites.

Everyone knew he hated Empress Wu Yue and Zhuang Ling and has never publicly declared his loyalty since the founding Emperor of the great Lang kingdom who appointed him as minister died.

Everyone started to whisper wondering why he will pledge his loyalty to a figure head emperor who was as powerless as a mushroom on the throne.

Was it because he was the adoptee father of the Empress? That alone is not enough to have someone like the minister of defense pledge his loyalty, could it be that he sees something in this mushroom Emperor that no one else can see.? The court official silenced everyone.

" Your Majesty, the Empress ,I greet you all, may you live a thousand folds. I, the minister of Finance pledge my honest loyalty, your servant is ready to serve and shape this great kingdom, I join words with the minister of defense to wish you long life and pledge my total loyalty to you"

By now the face of the Empress Dowager has turned ashened, why has her two enemies pledged their loyalty to her useless son? Just what are they skimming?

She turned to look at her right man the minister of rites with a questioning guess and he used his facial expression to calm her down and that they will regroup later.

Emperor Peng Qi could care less about the whole loyalty and pledges ,the rest of the ministers didn't want to seem left out and stood up one after another to pledge their loyalty by kneeling kowtowing three times.

Peng Qi was really bored by the old people surrounding him, everyone waited for him to accept their loyalty but he didn't until Zhen Shi pinched him secretly through the cloth by the side before he got startled and shouted

"What?! "

The Empress used his face to signal him to respond and then he finally realized what was expected of him, by now the elders were tired of kneeling and waiting for his approval, Peng Qi reluctantly waved his hand urging them to stand up and said.

"Thank you my able ministers, I accept your pledges, you may all sit down. Let's get this court done with as soon as possible, as you all know am newly married to this beautiful Empress here, I need to retire to the dragon bed soon to continue from where I stopped"

The elders were amazed at how unruly and vulgar this Emperor was, but they dared not react nor say anything bad and responded in chorus. Zhen Shi on the side flushed red out of shame all over his face and ears.