Chapter 5 - Overbearing Female President (5)

Tao Ran was speechless. There are few taxis at the moment. In order to hurry, Tao Ran got on a bus. As soon as he got into the bus, he attracted the attention of the people in the bus. If before he was just a handsome young man, today he is a handsome young man with fashionable clothes and stylish hairstyle. Such a beautiful man appeared on the bus, it's for the people to not pay attention.

  Tao Ran sat down, last night he thought about the problem until late night. Sitting on the bus, he became sleepy. He told Xiaomei: "Call me at the station, and if you don't call me, you're dead."

  For Tao Ran, the system is incapable to do something unless he threatened it, Xiaomei felt helpless, it managed to bind a less arrogant host, but the IQ was below the standard line.

  "Lad, lad?"

  Tao Ran, still in a daze raised his head. "We've arrived?"

  "I've arrived" The aunt sitting next to Tao Ran smiled and said with a satisfied face: "Sister wants to get out of the bus, I can't lend you a shoulder to lean on. "

  " ... "Tao Ran was surprised, and hurriedly apologize.

  After seeing the Auntie getting off the bus, Tao Ran was relieved, and thought that the system didn't know how to warn him when he leaned on the Auntie.

  Xiaomei said innocently: "You said that Xiaomei should remind you when you arrives, but didn't say to warn you if you lean on the Auntie. Host, it is really difficult to serve you."

  Tao Ran was too late to vomit blood, and the man sitting in front turned his head and said, "Brother, you're going to be famous."

  What happened, who is he? Could it be he knows that he is going to play the role of the male lead in Director Guan's movie? Tao Ran said: "Why?"

  The man grinned: "Brother, while you were asleep, that Auntie took dozens of selfies."

  Tao Ran: "......"

  Mom, something big is about to happen. Tao Ran got out of the bus and rushed into Xinghui Building. Tony with his hands on his hips said, "What's wrong with you? Why are you here now? You're still not famous, yet you want to act like a big shot?"

  Tao Ran grabbed Tony's hand with a crying expression: "Oh no, something bad happened, I may be famous soon."

  Tony said: "It's normal to be famous if you act in Director Guan's movie. "

  " No ... "Tao Ran talked about what happened on the bus, and Tony was dumbfounded.

  Tony thought he had become an manager for many years, and had helped many artists to handle their scandals. This is the first time he has seen this situation. His face turned blank for a few seconds, then patted Tao Ran's shoulder and said, "The top priority is to get you a driver first. If this kind of thing happens again many times, your manager will be admitted to the hospital for heart attack. "

  Tony rushed to the audition site with Tao Ran, and when they reached the entrance of the audition hall, they found that the entrance was full. Tao Ran was shocked. He whispered in Tony's ear: "A role that has already been settled yet so many people came, isn't it tiring?"

  "There's nothing that can be done but be tired," Tony said solemnly. : "It is better than the news that a well-known director has offered conditions for a male actor."

  Tony explained and said: "How much of the script did you read before?"

  "I don't remember many lines, but I remember the plot. " Tao Ran: "A good novel. "

  " Novel my arse. "Tony was successfully forced by Tao Ran to swear, "This is the script, the script!"

  At this time the door of the audition hall was pushed open, a handsome young man came out with red eyes. Tony pitifully said: "How pitiful, everyone here today will be ruthlessly destroyed except you." 

  What is there sudden guilt in his heart? Each of these people came with expectations, and they prepared for a long time for the audition, but it was a predetermined audition. Their true identity is actually just a cover, how pitiful.

  "It's your turn." Tony shoved him. "Go in."

  Tao Ran pushed in, the situation in the audition hall was similar to that on the interview day. But the examiner has changed from five to a director, and the producer screenwriter sitting next to him. The producer is Long Qiu, and Tao Ran saw her at a glance.

  As soon as Tao Ran entered, the director observed him carefully. Tao Ran bowed, "Director Guan."

  Director Guan slightly smiled. He was very unhappy about the selection of the leading actor, but the image of Tao Ran is good, which was in line with the actor's image in the movie.

  Director Guan said to Tao Ran: "Can you sing opera?"

  Tao Ran shook his head: "No."

  Long Qiu interjected: "His speciality is singing, although he can't sing opera, but there is a foundation, this is not a problem."

  Mom, do you remember Little Apple?

  Director Guan nodded, he didn't expect to find an actor who could sing and said, "I presume I can't listen to you singing the whole song, so sing for a while and I'll listen to it."

  Tao Ran looked at Long Qiu and Long Qiu nodded . So Tao Ran began to sing: "Oh~yeah!" 

  The director, screenwriter and producer were stunned and Tao Ran continued, "Look at the front, the black hole must be where the thief is, take him to kill him clean!"(TN:this is from traditional Beijing Opera , 挑滑车)

  "..." 

  The director was so surprised that his mouth didn't close for a while. He originally thought that Tao Ran would sing a fairy deserving kind of well-known chinese opera, and he didn't to be scared to death by a person's singing. He returned to God and said, "Have you seen the script? The male lead is a dan, he is not a shengjue, you sang this is a bit too aggressive."(TN: the well known is actually an idiom that means what's frequently heard can be repeated in detail)

(TN:dan means female roles in Chinese opera (traditionally played by specialized male actors))
(TN:shengjue means male charater types in Chinese opera) 
  Tao Ran nodded again and again, "You said it, but I can only do this. "

  "This is fine, you can learn." The director said, "Are you a graduate of the xx Film Academy? Act for a while, just the ending. When the female lead came back, she discovered that the male lead has a lame leg, the part where the male lead hid from the female lead because he is unwilling to hear her comment of him."

  Tao Ran stood there, a little dumbfounded. The male lead in the script escaped all the way into his broken house, then shrank into the corner and covered himself with worn out clothes. But in the audition room, there is nothing at all except the Director's table. How to act depends entirely on imagination.

  Tao Ran was nervous and subconsciously looked at Long Qiu. Long Qiu stared at him for a few seconds, and then silently looked away, she felt that Tao Ran's eyes looked just like a poor abandoned dog.

  Tao Ran called the system in his heart, "Xiao Mei, Xiao Mei, is there anything to enchance acting skills?"

  "Love host, some of them."

  Tao Ran was overjoyed, "Great."

  "But because the host has insufficient points, this feature can't be unlocked. "

  " ... What do you want? "

  Tao Ran has no choice but to recall what the original owner learned in school, and the original owner's comprehension regarding acting. His eyes changed, and immediately his orginal feelings of helplessness turned into anxiety, pain and a little inferiority. He began to run around in the audition hall bending his body and dragging his leg, and he is not running in a straight line.

  The director sat slightly upright, in the final part of the script, the male lead is in the state of wretched poverty and was disappointed, he lives in a slum-like place. Sheds and messy buildings were everywhere, and there is no decent streets at all. The male lead ran in the alley, so of course he would run aimlessly.

  After running for a while, Tao Ran suddenly seemed to bumped into something on the side, and then ran to the corner. He sat at the corner and curled up, completely covering his face, only the exposed hair was still shaking. The director felt like there is a play, he read the last line of the female lead and said, "I didn't expect you to be like this now."

  Tao Ran's body shook a bit, then calmed down.

  The director continued with the script: "I have come to Nanjing for my father's birthday, I will take my daughter back to Peiping tomorrow. You hold these money, go meet a friend for help."

  In the script, the female lead left after saying this, the director stared at Tao Ran. He saw Tao Ran moved slightly, his eyes quietly looked at the pile of money on the ground from the gap. He found that there was no one, and he raised his head, his eyes were dead and blank, as if he returned to that time when he is on the stage with his peerless talent and popular role, and the young girl in the audience looked at him with admiration.

  "Good!" The director clapped. "Yes, it would be better if he could cry at this time."

  Tao Ran also knew it would be better, but he couldn't cry. Being able to act like this is already the experience of the original owner, and the demands on him can't be too high.

  Tao Ran has performed well, and Long Qiu saved her face, after all, isn't he the one recommended by her? She looked at Tao Ran differently, she didn't expect that someone who sang Little Apple also had acting skills.

  After  he went out, Tony pulled him aside. "How did it go?"

  "The director praised me." Tao Ran looked proud. "Rest assured, I won't embarrass you."

  "That's good." Tony took out cosmetics from his red bag to fix his makeup, "You look very unreliable, and I'm nervous about my makeup."

  Tao Ran suddenly remembered something and said to Tony: "Tell me President Long's phone number. "

  Tony squinted." You don't have her number? Aren't you together with her? "

  Tao Ran sweated and explained, "I'm not, and I'm not interested in women. "

  Tony's eyes widened, then crossing his hands to cover his chest, he said, "Don't get too close, I'm still a bit interested in women."

  "..."

  A week later Tao Ran started filming, just like in the novel, the female lead is Cui Xiao. This film is a big production, and newcomers like Cui Xiao and Tao Ran usually don't have the opportunity to play the leading roles. But who let Cui Xiao have Bai Shaohui throw money into the crew, Tao Ran has Long Qiu throwing money into the crew?

  The male lead and female lead of the film are brought into the crew by investment, according to convention, it is awfully obvious that this is a street movie. This Director Guan has the courage to dare to play like this after years of hard work.(TN:street movie is movie that dealt with the lives of common people during a time of economic depression)