Chapter 18 - Overbearing Female President (18)

"Is it?" The assistant smiled and said: "I'll buy it for President Long tomorrow morning."

  When Long Qiu returned to the office, Tao Ran was talking and laughing with the assistant. As soon as she came in, the assistant shut up and went out, Tao Ran felt the atmosphere was a little subtle. Long Qiu said expressionlessly: "Do you like my assistant very much?"

  Tao Ran didn't think much, just said: "A good sister."

  "Really?" Long Qiu sat down and said: "That I will let her be your assistant."

  As long as he is not mentally retarded, he can hear Long Qiu's tone was wrong. Tao Ran doesn't know whre he was wrong, so he said nothing in silence. Long Qiu was so angry and said impatiently: "I almost died the first two days and now I run everywhere, and I don't see if am free for your nonsense."

  Tao Ran stood up and said: "Excuse me, I'll leave now."

  "Wait." Long Qiu said: "Why are you looking for me?"

  Tao Ran: "I wanted to have lunch with you."

  "What are you going to do?" Long Qiu said with disgust: "Is this the way to invite a lady to eat?"

  Tao Ran: "..." Didn't you say you're not free?

  Long Qiu opened the office wardrobe and changed into a bright colored coat, and walked to Tao Ran and said: "Let's go, hurry up, I still have a lot of things to do in the afternoon."

  Tao Ran, who has been a woman for more than 20 years, suddenly felt that she didn't understand women at all. For example, now, he can't figure out what Long Qiu thought. She clearly said that she was not free, and in a blink of an eye, she couldn't wait to go eat with himself. Is the woman who is the president different from the ordinary woman?

  The two found a place to eat at the western restaurant next to the company. Long Qiu ordered for Tao Ran a bowl of soup. Her reason was that Tao Ran had not fully recovered and could not drink alcohol. The steak came up, Tao Ran was picking up the knife and fork and was preparing to eat, Long Qiu said: "When you are eating with a lady, have you always been so rude?"

  "..."

  Tao Ran was puzzled, not knowing what he had done wrong. Long Qiu used to dislike him for eating rudely, but he has tried to be as elegant as possible today. He also helped Long Qiu to pull her chair before. He didn't understand why Long Qiu was looking at him with displeasing eyes.

  Looking at Tao Ran's puzzled eyes, Long Qiu was not happy and said: "Help me cut the steak."

  Tao Ran complained and blurted out, "Can't you cut it yourself?"

  Long Qiu's face instantly changed. Tao Ran closed his mouth tightly and start cutting the steak for Long Qiu with hardships. After cutting, he bootlicks and said: "President Long, do you think this size is appropriate?"

  Long Qiu snorted from her nostrils and said it was okay. Tao Ran was tired and began to eat, he thought what was wrong with him, thinking of eating with Long Qiu. Halfway through the meal, two girls suddenly came to Tao Ran and said, "That ... are you Tao Ran?"

  Tao Ran turned to look at them and smiled, "It's me."

  "Wow ... God ..." The girls were excited that their faces became red, and they gathered around Tao Ran and said, "Can you sign us an autograph?"

  "Okay." Tao Ran said: "But I don't have a pen."

  "Then take a photo with us, will you take a photo with us?"

  Tao Ran agreed happily and took a photo with them. When he looked up again, Long Qiu's face was already as dark as the bottom of the pot. The two girls whispered as they walk away, "Wouldn't that black-faced woman be Ran Ran's girlfriend?"

  "No way, Ran Ran's taste is so bad?"

  "..." Tao Ran said with cold sweat. "Don't be angry, President Long, they misunderstood, where can I climb you up?"

  Long Qiu looked at Tao Ran with a black face for a while, then slightly raised her chin and said proudly, "As long as you know."

  Throughout Tao Ran was trembling with fear, in the afternoon, the stylist thought Tao Ran had oily skin, and stuffed him with a lot of oil-control skin care products and left. Tao Ran left with a buch of things, and thought that his face was covered with oily sweat because he got scared by President Long.

  After going back, he received a call from Cui Xiao, who invited him to walk along the red carpet. Because non-entertainers like Bai Shaohui cannot walk on the red carpet, so the person in charge of protecting her naturally became Tao Ran. Tao Ran patted his chest and said that she can wear high heels, and he will definitely support her by then.

  The night of the film festival, Cui Xiao went together in Tao Ran's car. Along the way, Bai Shaohui was calling Tao Ran, "Brother, I can give Xiao Xiao to you for the time being, I didn't come to see her intentionally today. You know I have a surprise for her."

  Your nice surprise is terrifying to me, Tao Ran ridiculed inwardly, but he said: "You can rest assured, what can you worry about handing Cui Xiao to me?"

  "It's just that I'll give her to you, so I'm not at ease, Xiao Xiao has praised you to me several times that you look handsome."

  Tao Ran: "No way, what she said is facts."

  "Not much nonsense." Bai Shaohui asked: "You're not allowed to disclose my surprise to Xiao Xiao." (TN: not much nonsense means cut to the chase.)

  "Ok ok... "

  He just hung up the phone, and Cui Xiao smiled: "Shaohui is becoming more and more troublesome."

  Tao Ran was too late to agree, and the phone rang again, Long Qiu said:" Hey, where are you? Would you like to go with my car?"

  "No need, President Long."Tao Ran said: "I've already set out with Cui Xiao. "

  "Toot toot ... "

  Tao Ran looked at the phone inexplicably and said: "Why did she hang up suddenly?"

  Long Qiu threw her phone fiercely, the assistant quickly picked it up and said: "President Long, we should leave."

  Long Qiu wore a black elegant dress and wore delicate makeup. She didn't know why she was so angry, it was her who brought Tao Ran close to Cui Xiao. Long Qiu got into the driveway: "Let's go."

  Long Qiu's car entered the venue of the Huangtian Film Festival in a low-key manner. She looked around as she sat down, didn't see Bai Shaohui, she can clearly see the scene on the red carpet.

  After Tao Ran's car arrived, he was immediately overwhelmed by countless reporters. When he protected Cui Xiao under pressure when getting off, cheers rang out from the audience. Since the movie was released, they also hve a lot of cp fans. Tao Ran dealed with reporters while supporting Cui Xiao to prevent her from falling.

  They were constantly asked to stop and take pictures, and a short red carpet was walked by them for 20 minutes. In the end Tao Ran couldn't stand it anymore, and pulled Cui Xiao away. After the two sat down in the seat, Tao Ran asked: "Brother Bai, did he say that there are any surprises for you today?"

  "No." Cui Xiao excitedly said: "Do you know what?"

  Tao Ran smiled: "This is a secret."

  Cui Xiao couldn't help but laughed out loud, and was silently looking forward to Bai Shaohui's surprise.

  Long Qiu's position is just behind Tao Ran, she watched Tao Ran and Cui Xiao talking and laughing, which looked unsightly. She thought that Cui Xiao really was an annoying woman, and she had to be cleaned up sooner or later.

  The reporters also took photos of the two of them sitting together talking and laughing. They even thought about tomorrow's newspaper headlines, The couple on the screen suspected to be a real couple...

  The lights on the stage suddenly turned on and followed with a burst of cheerful music, two hosts, a man and a woman, came to the stage in bright clothes. Immediately after the opening remarks, Tao Ran was a little sleepy when he listened. Cui Xiao said beside him: "Do you say we can win this time?"

  "Yes." Tao Ran said firmly: "So all you have to do now is take out your award speech and memorize it several times." "

  Cui Xiao took it for granted, took out a small piece of paper from the bag, and looked at it very seriously. Tao Ran was also a little nervous by her. He reached into his pocket and want to prepare to recite his award speech. He took a long time only to find nothing, and Cui Xiao said: "What are you looking for?"

   "My award speech." Tao Ran sweated on his forehead and said: "It's gone."

  Cui Xiao said: "Look at mine, the award speech is the same anyway, just change the name."

  "Makes sense." Tao Ran put his head closer, and the two murmured at a small note.

  The senior stars on the side saw the two of them whispering together for a long time, and they were very curious, so they got closer to eavesdrop. As a result, they listened to what they said, thanks to my mother, thanks to CCTVxxTV, thanks to the director, thanks to the screenwriter...

  "..." The senior withdrew his head with a complicated look, and thought that this year's young people turned out to be like this.

  Next is the performance of various stars, then the host announces the selected works and actors of various awards, and finally publishes the final answer, and then the actors come to the stage to give their award speeches. This process is very lengthy, but the important award for the best male and female lead is the finale, that is to say Tao Ran and Cui Xiao waited until the end.