Chapter 10 - Overbearing Female President (10)

Tao Ran had a complicated mood, "Old lady ...?"

  Tony: "... I won't talk to you anymore, humph!"

Hanging up the phone, Tao Ran saw Bai Shaohui's car outside the studio. It seems that it's time to pick Cui Xiao up, and Director Guan also saw it, said disdainfully: "Actresses nowadays, each one has a messy private life."

  Tao Ran silently thought that Director Guan is quite decent, At least for so many days, he haven't seen any actress he ever touched. He is in this circle, and he certainly sees a lot. Young newcomers with no background want to get higher positions, what can they do except to exchange with a young body? So Director Guan just talked about what else should be done.

  The company did not provide Cui Xiao with an assistant, and her agent did not take her alone. Cui Xiao came to work by car. Tao Ran saw what Bai Shaohui and Cui Xiao said far away, Cui Xiao did not take his car and left.

  Bai Shaohui stood a little helpless, and then came to Tao Ran and said: "Let's have a drink together."

  Tao Ran agreed with a smile, "Okay."

  Director Guan: "..." 

  He has long heard that the young rich second generation play especially much, he finally got bored with Cui Xiao, and instead he turned to Tao Ran? Director Gun appreciates Tao Ran, he was afraid that Tao Ran would go the wrong way, so he persuaded: "Tao Ran, you don't have to deal with these guys, they don't have any good intentions."

  Tao Ran didn't know what Director Guan's brain made up and said: "I know, President Bai and I are friends."

  Bai Shaohui used car to pick up Cui Xiao, but in the end it carried Tao Ran.

  When the car drove to a quiet bar, Bai Shaohui said: "I've been here, and the boss will make a very special wine."

  Tao Ran followed him and got out of the car. There were not many people in this bar at this time, it was quite quiet. When two tall, handsome, and classy guys came in, they attracted everyone's attention. Bai Shaohui ordered two glasses of what he said was very special, and sat down with Tao Ran to chat.

  Bai Shaohui said: "You and Xiao Xiao are high school classmates, what was she like at that time?"

  Whether it is Tao Ran or the original owner, there was no special impression Tao Ran felt at that time. Tao Ran said: "She was quite ordinary at that time, and I didn't pay attention to her, I just remember that she seemed to be very busy. She was late every morning and always left in a hurry after school."

  Bai Shaohui showed a distressed expression, "I heard Xiao Xiao's aunt said she has no father, her mother has been sick, she started working part-time when she was in high school. She should have had a hard time at that time, if only I could meet her a few years earlier."

  The novel did mention this, originally the male lead just thought that Cui Xiao was different and has some good feelings for her. Later, after knowing Cui Xiao's family environment, he was moved by this strong girl, and he was slowly unable to extricate himself from Cui Xiao.

  Tao Ran took a sip of wine and immediately raised his eyebrows: "Well, this wine tastes very special."

  "Right." Bai Shaohui said: "I knew you would like it."

  Later, the two exchanged ideas about chasing girls, to be precise, Tao Ran talked, Bai Shaohui remembered. After a drink, the two had already called each other brothers. Tao Ran thought it was fun, it turns out that the friendship between men is like this.

  Bai Shaohui sent Tao Ran back, and Tao Ran had no sense of security in the car: "You drank, is this really okay?"

  "What is this?" Bai Shaohui confidently said: "If I drink twice more, I don't change my face and my heart doesn't jump." (TN: it means keeping a straight face and calm)

  Tao Ran was a little scared, because usually drunk people wouldn't say they are drunk. Tao Ran called Long Qiu in the car, "Hey, President Long."

  Long Qiu said: "What's the matter?"

  "Oh, nothing." Tao Ran smiled: "I just want to ask if you are asleep."

  "Fortunately, I didn't sleep or I would be awakened by you." Long Qiu said casually:" I am still in the company. "

  " You're still in the company so late ... "

  Bai Shaohui drove the car, listening to Tao Ran and Long Qiu talking, and showed an aunt smile. After Tao Ran hung up the phone, he said: "You have a good relationship with President Long?" (TN: aunt smile means a smile girls show when seeing something that she likes)

  Tao Ran: "We are friends."

  "Oh, I see." Bai Shaohui said: "President Long are always good, she is beautiful and capable, and she is the famous ice goddess in the circle."

  The alarm bell in Tao Ran's mind erupted, what does it mean? Bai Shaohui is also interested in Long Qiu? He immediately said: "What do you mean? Don't you already have Cui Xiao?"

  "Hahahaha ..." Bai Shaohui was laughing at Tao Ran, and he shook his head: "You, why are you so sensitive? You don't admit that you like Long Qiu?"

  Tao Ran just wanted to argue, and suddenly remembered that he was already a friend with Bai Shaohui. As the so-called friend's wife should not be coveted, Bai Shaohui should not be so tasteless to hook up a friend's sweetheart. So he said: "Yeah, I like our President Long, you must not hook her up."

  "Hahaha ... Young people are fun." Bai Shaohui said: "I have Xiaoxiao, I don't want anyone. "

  Tao Ran: "You just don't have Xiaoxiao, can't want Long Qiu."

  Bai Shaohui is twenty-eight this year, seven years older than Tao Ran, he thought it was fun to be with a young just graduated man like Tao Ran.

  Tao Ran thought that Long Qiu was still in the company, and said: "Send me to Xinghui."

  Bai Shaohui said with an understanding expression: "You just taught me, you must bring food when you visit during the night."

  Tao Ran: "..."

  Tao Ran bought two big puffs and a cup of hot drink in the passing cake shop, and then got out of the car under Bai Shaohui's teasing eyes.

  The Xinghui Building at night is not as crowded as during the day, even if there are people working overtime, they work silently with the lights on in the office. Tao Ran was waiting for the elevator with the puffs and cocoa, and happened to meet Long Qiu's assistant going downstairs.

  "Eh, you are not." The assistant pointed at Tao Ran. "You are Tao Ran."

  "Well, I am." Tao Ran smiled: "Thank you for the chicken soup that day, it's very delicious."

  "Oh, you are welcome." The assistant saw the bag in Tao Ran's hand,  and revealed an auntie smile exactly like Bai Shaohui, and said, "Find President Long, go up quickly, she's going back from work soon."

  "Okay." Tao Ran got on the elevator and started to go upstairs.

  Recently, Xinghui needs to invest in a lot of projects, Long Qiu not only has to look at the content, but also has to wait for the results of the risk assessment company. It wasn't until nine o'clock that it came to an end. She reached out and rubbed her eyes, and the lights outside the window entered the office. Although she was used to it, she still felt lonely in the empty office.

  "President Long, are you there?"

  Long Qiu was startled and turned around, said: "Who?"

  "It's me." Tao Ran opened the door, holding the bag in his hand and said: "I'm sending you consolation."

  Long Qiu was a little surprised, "Why are you here?"

  "I knew you work hard overtime, so I came to see you." Tao Ran put it on the table and said:"For you to eat since you must be hungry."

  The rich aroma of hot cocoa from the cup was sniffed by her nose and warmed her heart. Long Qiu took a sip of the cocoa, it tastes delicious. She looked at the two big puffs in the bag and said, "Letting me eat this at late hour, do you want to make me fat?"

  "You are not fat."Tao Ran said: "Or you can eat one, I'll eat the other, fresh milk and matcha, which one do you want to eat? "

  Long Qiu: " I want matcha."

  "Okay." Tao Ran took out the fresh milk and sit down with Long Qiu to eat.

  Long Qiu was eating quietly and smelled the faint smell of wine on Tao Ran. She wondered whether Tao Ran had brought Cui Xiao to drink. As soon as this idea appeared, Long Qiu felt a little uncomfortable. But this is what she asked him to do. When he finished, he still remembered to give herself food. He was already a very good friend.

  Long Qiu felt a pang of guilt in her heart, and she felt that she shouldn't have threatened Tao Ran like that before. Long Qiu said : "How did you come here?"

   Tao Ran didn't dare to say that he and Bai Shaohui went out to drink and talk about woman. He said: "I came by taxi."

  "Tony said he would get a car for you. Hasn't the car arrived yet?"

  "I'm picking it. He said that choosing an RV is also convenient for me."

  "Well, okay." Long Qiu thought for a while and said: "Choose one of the ordinary cars. You can't drive an RV everywhere, and the money will be reimbursed by the finance department."

  "So good?" Tao Ran was beaming with joy, "Does every artist in the company have a car?"

  In your dreams ...

  Long Qiu turned her head and said with a cold and proud face:" The money the company spent on you will be earned from you sooner or later. Don't make an expression of a puppy shaking its tail."

  Tao Ran:" ... "

  This arrogant, can't she speak well?

  There is no big scene in the drama. The main thing is that the director is too demanding, but no matter how harsh it is, there will be an end.

  Tao Ran was wearing shabby clothes, his hair was messy and his cheeks were thin and yellow. He was limping on the street, his eyes numb and lifeless. Suddenly he seemed to see something, and a woman came down from the rickshaw in the distance. The woman looks very beautiful, not only has she not grown older in years, but she has more charm of a mature woman.

  He looked at the woman indifferently, watching the woman smile, and watching the woman bend over to speak softly to the young girl. She had a good life, he thought, she was really happy after he left.

  The woman seems to feel something, suddenly raised her head and looked at Tao Ran from afar.

  Tao Ran was taken aback, turned and limped away.

  The woman's eyes were full of shock and disbelief. She gave the child to her servant and chased him like crazy. The high heels were not easy to walk in the winding alley. Fortunately, the man was limp and could not walk fast.

  Tao Ran rushed into a shabby house, curled up around the corner, covering his head with his hands.