Chapter 7 - Overbearing Female President (7)

Looking at the back of Long Qiu's aggressive departure, Tao Ran thought that he really had a long way to go. Seeing his frustration, the system Xiaomei gave him an idea, "Host, you can smear Bai Shaohui's name, you discredit him, and she will definitely not like Bai Shaohui."

  Tao Ran thought about how a small celebrity could discredit a big company president? Climb his bed and shoot a □□, then slander him as gay?(TN:□□ means film, definitely not what you're thinking)

  Xiaomei's eyes brightened and she exclaimed in admiration: "Host you are really the most intelligent host I have ever met. This method is completely feasible. Your dear system supports your decision. Don't worry about it."

  Tao Ran: "... ... " Can you die?

  Before the film shooting starts, Tao Ran applied makeup. Although he is the male lead, his makeup is much more difficult than the female lead, because of oil paint on his face and his hairstyle. The hair he dyed a few days ago was black again, and then his fluffy hair was smoothed out with pomade. Tao Ran was crying, will this hurt her hair? He didn't want his hair to turn into an around hairstyle at such a young age.(TN: it means bald in the middle)

  The hair stylist heard Tao Ran's mutters and wondered: "What is an around hairstyle?"

  "It's no hair in the middle and there is hairstyle around it." Tao Ran rolled his eyes.

  "Ehehehehehehe..." The hairdresser was trembling with laughter, "The young handsome guy is really humorous."

  Who humored you ...

  The movie's first act is the charming performance in opera of Hua Zi on the stage, Du Jiao in the audience looked at him admiringly.

  Director Guan pulled Tao Ran, who had been makeup with paint for a few hours to aside, and said, "Have you studied opera the past few days?"

  Tao Ran nodded confidently, "I have learned Hua Zi's best " Hundred Flowers Pavilion" I can sing a few lines."

   "Very good. " Director Guan felt relieved and said: "Sing for a while. "

   Tao Ran stood aside, inducing his mind to focus on Dan Tian and sang: "The voice of slave voice is falling into the shade of flower blossom, the scenery is intoxicating, unconciously came  to Hundred Flowers Pavilion ... " (TN: uh the focus on Dan Tian means he concentrating and breathing harmoniously) (TN: the lyrics are from The Drunken Concubine by Mei Lanfang but I can't find the english translation)

  "..." Director Guan was silent for a moment, and said, "Your singing is fine, but what do you think? Do you think you can sing better than those old artists? These vocals are dubbed later, the most important is movement and posture, how are you standing stupidly like Yang Guifei?"

  Tao Ran was stunned, and then said, "The director is right, I will learn the movement. "

  Director Guan helped him by saying: "The crew invited an opera coach. You can ask him."

  "Okay."

  Tao Ran held one end of the decoration and wandered to find the opera coach, and Director Guan called Cui Xiao again. Tao Ran and Cui Xiao both came in through the back door, but Director Guan's impression of Cui Xiao was not as good as Tao Ran. Because Tao Ran at least walked through the audition and performed quite well, he did not disappoint him. Cui Xiao was sent directly to the crew, before that, he had only seen Cui Xiao's photos.

  He heard that she is Bai Group's young master's lover, which seems likely to be true at present.

  For the first time working with such a famous director, Cui Xiao was nervous but she was confident. Because she didn't know Bai Shaohui's operation behind her, she thought that the director chose her because of her acting skills. So she is nervous and excited now, and she feels that Director Guan is her talent scout.

  Director Guan called her: "You have finished reading the script, what about the lines?"

  Cui Xiao said very confidently: "The lines have been memorized very well."

  "Very good." Director Guan made a please gesture, "Tell me, what is Du Jiao like?"

  Cui Xiao thought for a moment: "Du Jiao is an official lady, she has been well-educated since she was young ..."

  Cui Xiao talked a lot, after listening, Direcotr Guan said : "At the end, what kind of feelings did Du Jiao held when she gave money to Hua Zi?"

  Cui Xiao: "Sympathy, she felt pity for Hua Zi who is in dire straits. "

  Director Guan's expression immediately became bad, and he is very emotional. When he's in a good mood, he can pull the actor to talk about the script for two hours. When he's in a bad mood, he doesn't look pleasing to the eye. Especially when he felt that Cui Xiao is the lover of the person who threw money in the crew but don't have acting skills, his mood is even worse.

  "You didn't enter acting class?" Director Guan asked.

  Cui Xiao nodded, "Yes, I taught myself acting after graduating from high school."

  "No wonder." Guan Gui said with sarcasm: "You're originally inferior than others, so you must work harder than others? Otherwise you can only act in idol dramas because you're young, you make me very disappointed. "

  Cui Xiao was stunned. She didn't know why Director Guan scolded her. Obviously, when she was acting in an idol drama, the director praised her. Since Director Guan is not so optimistic about her, why was she chosen to be the female lead?

  Tao Ran, who was learning movement, found that the situation was not right, so he came over and said, "Director Guan, look at my movement."

  After he said that, he flung his flowing sleeves and made a charming movement. Tao Ran did a good job, his inner core is a woman, so he can understand some of the woman's postures. Director Guan praised him after seeing it: "Good, very good, try to do it once the shoot starts."

  Tao Ran looked at the lost Cui Xiao, Director Guan said: "Tao Ran, say, why did Du Jiao gave Hua Zi money in the end? "

  A director asked the male lead about the female lead's acting of course it's abnormal, so Tao Ran might understand why Cui Xiao had this expression. He thought about it and said: "When the female lead fell in love with the male lead, the time with male lead was the best. Seeing the male lead in a dire straits and sloppy, the female lead resents the male protagonist but feels heartache for him. She still loves the male lead in her heart, but she is mature and has her own family, so she is willing to let go of all the grievances and help the male lead, hoping that he will get better. "

  "Good." Director Guan said in a loud voice so someone can hear: "You understand well, but unfortunately you are a man, otherwise I will let you act as the female lead."

  Tao Ran forced a laugh and after the director left, he told Cui Xiao: "What happened to you?"

  Cui Xiao said with red eyes, "I can't compare with you who learned acting in class, no matter how hard I try." After that, she ran away, covering her face.

  Sympathy from people setting up the equipments aside: "The young girl was scolded by the director, and it is no wonder she felt wronged."

   Tao Ran's eyes brightened, and he thought that it was a godsend opportunity. He immediately called Long Qiu, there is no Tao Ran in Long Qiu's contact, so she didn't know who called her, after the call connected, she said. "Hello, this is Long Qiu." 

  "President Long, it's me."

  " ... "Long Qiu immediately became somewhat irritated and said, "I gave you the number so that you can contact me if you need something, not to call me while you're idle to chat. "

  " I know, I'm asking you something." Tao Ran said, "Can you give me Bai Shaohui's phone number? "

  " ... " Several directors in the office are reporting. Although Long Qiu is really mad, on the surface she is calm and said quietly: "What do you want him to do on the phone? Do you have the quirk of collecting CEO phone numbers?"

  "No, I don't." Tao Ran said some bullshit: "I just think it's not enough divorce his affection for Cui Xiao, I can call Bai Shaohui when dating Cui Xiao, let him see Cui Xiao's betrayal with his own eyes, this works better."

  "...... you are very good. "Long Qiu was satisfied with his seriousness,"I'll send you the number right away."

  After Tao Ran received the number from Long Qiu, he immediately called Bai Shaohui. Nai Shaohui said: "Hello, this is Bai Shaohui."

  "President Bai, it's me. you met me, Tao Ran, at the crew today, do you remember me?"

  Do you think I'm a goldfish? See in the morning and forget in the afternoon? Bai Shaohui said unpleasantly: "Why do you have my number?"

  "That doesn't matter." Tao Ran looked at Cui Xiao, who was crying in the corner, "Cui Xiao was aggrieved."

  Bai Shaohui froze, and said anxiously: "What happened, tell me clearly. "

  "She was scolded by the director in the creq because of a problem in understanding the role, and she is crying now. I think she looks very sad, she may need comfort from her boyfriend now."

  Bai Shaohui, who is not Cui Xiao's boyfriend, is pleased by this sentence, and his attitude changed instantly: "Okay, I'll rush over right away."

  "Don't." Tao Ran stopped: "Filming is about to start, it's a distraction to her to come here at this time, I think it's better that you take her to dinner after the job and comfort her."

   Bai Shaohui thought that it made sense, Cui Xiao would never like him to disturb her acting. "Okay, I'll listen to you."

  "President Bai, also, please don't tell Cui Xiao that I told you these things. You know, she and I were classmates, I don't want her to think of me as a nosy person. "

   "No problem." Bai Shaohui said sincerely: "If there are any problems in the future, please tell me, I'm ashamed to say, she never tells me anything about her." 

  "Sure, no problem, President Bai, bye. "

  Tao Ran hung up the phone, the system cheered crazily in his head: "Well done host, your shameless manner is needed to complete the task. You are so excellent, you will be able to complete all tasks smoothly, bring wealth back to reality and reach the peak of life ... "

  Tao Ran smiled proudly, "Of course, don't look at who I am. I am a veteran reader with ten years of book experience,  there are thousands of plots in my heart, isn't it easy to do this kind of thing? "

  Then the official acting starts, and Tao Ran acted based on the orignal owner's memory. At least he doesn't have to repeat acting like Cui Xiao. After the day was over, Cui Xiao was physically and mentally exhausted. The director told Tao Ran: "That's all for today. You go back and watch some more opera performances. Pay attention to learn the position and movement of the dan." (TN: dan means female roles in Chinese opera that is played by specialized male actors)