-Chapter 26-

Seulgi Pov
I look at Joohyun's empty room and I felt my heart breaking. She left and a simple note with a simple goodbye....she left me. I feel tears well up in my eyes and I did my best to hold them back. "She'll he back unnie, but she won't leave us forever." I hear Yerim whispers from behind me as I turn to look at her with a sad smile and tears streaming down her face.

I nod my head with a small smile and walk closer towards her. I bring her into my arms as she cries her heart out and I felt mine breaking all over again and this time I didn't hold back. I cried with Yerim, I cried for Joohyun. It felt too empty without her, but I knew it'd be harder for Yerim as she was always needing Joohyun. I knew Yerim would be in much more pain.

Nothing I could do right now would be enough to comfort her. But I held her in my arms and did my best to reassure her that she would be back soon and everything would be okay. The only thing that made things worst was the fact that we don't know the reason why she left for a bit. We don't have answers and she's not here to give them to us. She's gone and all I can do it step up as the unnie and care for them.

I knew I had to pretend that I was okay, but only breakdown when I was alone. I need Joohyun by myself, I need her to save me from this loneliness because this was just too much for my heart to handle. I snap out of my thoughts as I realize my phone buzzing. I look down to see Yerim had fallen asleep so I lay her gently on Joohyun's bed.

As I pull back I grab my phone from the nightstand. I quietly step out of the room and close the door gently and look to see two messages from Yongsun. That was enough to have me confused but I wasn't going to be rude and leave it on read.

Yongsun Unnie :p- Seulgi, is Joohyun home by any chance?
-Please answer quickly this is an emergency!

I was confused and feel my heart sting as I look back at Joohyun's room to realize that she in fact left us, she left me. I shake my head and answer her messages and patiently wait for her response. I send her a quick message informing her about Joohyun leaving but having no idea of her whereabouts.

Yongsun unnie :p- Seulgi... I think she disappeared with Byul and Wheein. Those two aren't home and it's completely empty at Byul's house.

I kept reading her message and felt confused about her actions. Why would she leave with them? I thought to myself and I had no lead as to why she could have left and so abruptly without even telling us anything. I ruffle my hair in frustration and realize that I have no idea what Joohyun is going through.

I felt bad for not noticing if she was in pain or if she simply needed a shoulder to cry on. "Ugh I'm  so dumb!" I slap my fist on the wall lightly and take a deep breath. "Punching things won't have Joohyun unnie coming back." I turn around to see Wendy standing there with a stern looking as I look away feeling ashamed for my slight outburst.

"I know, but it hurts to know she left and without a reason or goodbye. It hurts because I-I have no clue w-what's wrong with m-my b-best friend." I burst out into tears as I feel myself drop on my knees and I  finally let my emotions get to me. "Oh seulgi, we both know she'll be okay. She maybe just needs time away from everyone and everything to figure out whatever is troubling her." I feel Wendy hug me tightly as she tries her best to reassure Joohyun will be fine.

"She's never one to lose." I hear Wendy whisper and I could only assume she meant Joohyun never losing to her demons, but I knew there was always a limit to a person. And I was truly afraid she had reached hers and I wasn't there to save her or help her. I'm afraid that I'm too late. I'm afraid to admit to myself that I might have just lost my best friend, my one and only true love.

Sorry for not updating but I've been working on some personal things. But I hope everyone is doing well and safe! I'll try my best to update sooner if possible but I hope you enjoy this chapter and I'm sorry for the mistakes! Also have you guys seen Dreamcatcher's Black or White performance?!? It's incredible and I recommend listening to them!!