-Chapter 32-

Moonbyul Pov
I've realized how much Minji had affected Wheein, but in a good way. And I was grateful for the younger girl and I only want the best for Wheein, but I was a bit hesitant to have her close to Wheein. I sigh and realized I wouldn't be getting any sleep so I quietly get up and leave my room. I use my phone for the flashlight and look around for my shoes and keys.

I spotted them and quickly make my way towards the door and do my best to be quiet as I lock the door. I walk downstairs carefully and decide to walk around to clear my head. But just as I was about to exit the building I hear footsteps behind me and I held my breath. "Where the hell are you going?" I hear a raspy voice and I turn to see Joohyun wearing my hoodie and sweats. "I-I was going for a walk." I mumble as I scratch my neck feeling ashamed that I've been caught. But I had to play it smart.

"A walk? It's 1am in the morning, what do you mean a walk?" Joohyun asks crossing  her hands over her chest as I look at the ground and sigh knowing she always wins. "A lonely midnight walk never hurt anyone." I say shrugging my shoulders, but she never took her eyes off of me. "No, but it'll hurt you." She spoke with such confidence that I did my best to ignore her words and believe my own.

"It won't, but you're welcome to join." I look at her with a smile, but I knew she was displeased with the way I was acting right now. "I'm not sure what's going through your head, but stop. I'm here if you wanna talk, but please Byul-ah don't keep it in," Joohyun was scared and that was clear to me, but there was nothing to fear. "Don't worry, I'm just accepting the fact that at the end of the day I always lose." I spoke softly to her as a bitter chuckle escaped my lips.

"Byul you haven't lost anything." Joohyun says with a frown and I shake my head. "See that's we're you're wrong. I lost a friendship that mattered to me the most in this world. And then I lost myself because I was too caught up in my dreams that I forgot the reality of things. A reality in which I always lose." I spoke clearly as I feel tears welling up in my eyes. And I quickly look away before leaving to wherever my legs could take me.

I kept my head down as I walked until I feel a hand on my wrist. "Byul I'm sorry, I didn't mean to push it, but I'm worried about you." I could hear the sincerity in Joohyun's voice and I knew she meant well, but I couldn't help but feel this way. "It's okay unnie you did nothing wrong but care for me. Thank you." I whisper and look at her with a gentle smile as she smiles at me sadly. It seems like I wouldn't be able to escape this hollow feeling in me, but I knew it'd be easy with Joohyun by my side.

Sorry for the short chapter but I'm working on Shuqi's story right now! I hope you're all doing well and safe! And thank for you all the love you've given my stories it motivates me to continue writing for you guys! Anyways I'm sorry for any mistakes and enjoy the show!