1. The Weak and the Strong

Blood dripped onto the snow covered ground as I leapt out my room window, landing with the wolf pup secure in my arms. "I'm not going to let him hurt you," I panted darting away from the old shack house and into the trees.

I could hear father's yells trailing behind me as I ran, frightened at the thought of what he was going to do to me if he caught me. The snow white pup whimpered gazing up at me with its blue eyes, sniffing at the patch of blood soaking through my shirt. I knew I wouldn't make it far at this rate, but if I could just get to the Uchiha compound, maybe someone could help me.

Father's raging curses echoed around me, almost as if he was surrounding me on every side and the trees were beginning to swirl above me. The dizziness was overwhelming and I knew I had to do something. Kneeling by a large snow covered tree, I stashed the pup in the crevices of the tree roots.

He whimpered licking the tears that ran down my bruised cheek as I smiled sadly down at him, "Ok, Kotaro. Don't move and keep quiet. You'll be safe here. I'll lead him away and...," I trailed off knowing I had no clue what to do if he caught me. I had cut him. I had actually took a stand against him and now he was furious.

"You should have just killed him like I told you," Yin whispered in my head. I shook my head trying to ignore her. Whenever I listened to her bad things always happened...but if brother hadn't come home from his mission, I really think I would have done it.

I wiped my tears away standing up unsteadily, "Where are you now brother? I need you."

I heard fathers voice nearing and I gave one last weak smile to the wolf pup before taking off again toward the compound. I was cold, but my shirt was soaked in red warmth.

"Please someone help! Help me!" I cried out weakly.

My foot snagged onto a hidden tree root, sending me face first into snow, and I laid there whimpering, too weak to get back up. This was it....I rolled on my back staring up at the gray sky as the snowflakes fell lazily.
The snow was so pretty but it made me feel cold and sad inside, thinking that this was how it was going to end. "How odd...red snow." I whispered weakly seeing my blood had stained the pure white snow ruining the serenity of it, and as my eyes closed, I heard his voice.

Sasuke...

*Alarm blares*

I gasped sitting up alert, the alarm wrenching me out of my sleep. My breathing was quick as my heart pounded in my chest, the adrenaline from running in my dream still coursing through my veins.

"Dammit," I sighed covering my face with my hands, my forehead damp with sweat, "I hate that dream."

I shut my alarm off sitting at the edge of my bed trying to mentally brush the dream away. Well this wasn't the best start to my morning, but regardless, I wasn't going to let it ruin my entire day. Today was the day we finally were seperated into our teams, and, needless to say, I was more than ready to leave the academy atmosphere. Well, time to start my day.

I ran the brush through my long, black, waist-length hair, thinking it would be time for a hair cut sooner or later. My layered bangs fell just above my eyes, framing my face and my now serene dark purple colored eyes. They were only purple for a moment longer, before they shifted to a sad dark blue as my eyes caught the shine of the two pendants that hung from the necklace dangling from my neck.

I gently touched them, admiring how beautiful they looked. There was a crescent moon pendant that hung next to it's opposite, the sun pendant. The sun pendant had been given to me by my brother before he had left on a mission. His last mission he would ever go on....I blinked back tears, refocusing on getting ready. I couldn't think about this now. Kai wouldn't want me to let the thought of his death consume my whole day.