49

Royally Scandalous

#49

●●●

"Baba," Izrael called his father's attention after their meeting with the parliament. His father, Mohammed VII, signalled the parliament members to leave them. Even Rahim, who was standing next to a door, bowed down before going out from the parliament meeting hall.

His father went to the cabinet shelf to get two goblet glass. He poured a wine on both glasses and handed the one on him, "A wine is a good start for a good evening," His father remarked and dranked the wine.

Izo took a deep breath, "Baba, I want a royal decree... regarding about media reporters and its companies..."

Napatigil naman ito at tinignan siya ng nakakunot ang noo, "What do you mean?"

"Skylar Reese, our media here is harrassing her in her university, they're stalking her in Stanford. I want her to be safe, Baba... They're invading her privacy already," Izo replied, remembering his last messages with Sky. He knows she was already stressed with the media attention that she was getting... and he's scared that this may affect their relationship.

This is one of the things he's scared of... when she might leave him because of his status, that because he's a royal.

"Are you really serious with this woman, Izrael?" His father suddenly asked him, "She's American. She's Asian. I didn't get mad at you for not attending our meeting with Maleia's family... as I was thinking that your relationship with this American girl is just transient... and both you are living miles apart, have you ever thought about that it's going to work?"

Izrael looked up at this father. Mohammed VII was serious. Izrael just sighed, "You don't get to choose who to love or who to marry, Baba..."

"You don't," His father answered, "But both of you are worlds apart. Our culture, our world is different with hers. If you're going to push through with your relationship with her or in getting married, you know that she's going to leave everything that she's accustomed to. Her life, her career... being a doctor. Do you think she'll leave that for you? Or do you want to deprive her from her dreams?"

Hindi naman siya nakapagsalita matapos ang sinabi nito.

Somehow, his father was right.

"I've been hearing you have plans in abdicating your throne, Izrael Ali," Mohammed added, "I am retiring being a King years from now and you're my only son. Please don't do that."

Izo didn't respond.

After a minute of silence, Mohammed spoke again, "I will release the royal decree you wanted. We will prohibit the media companies in harrassing and stalking Ms. Skylar Reese Velasco and there will be legal sanctions if they're going to violate it," Natapos na rin ito sa pag-inom ng wine at nilagay ang goblet glass sa center table.

His father then went to him and tapped his shoulder, "Someday, you should introduce to us this Skylar Reese who got you whipped so badly, Izo," He added, smiling - leaving Izrael alone in the room.

●●●