78

Royally Scandalous

#78

●●●

Skylar Reese couldn't anymore know how many times she inhaled and exhaled during that time

Skylar Reese couldn't anymore know how many times she inhaled and exhaled during that time. She was inside the hotel, waiting for Izrael's Nanang, the Queen Mother. Earlier, Alana asked Izo that she's going to borrow her for a minute. Pagkatapos ay bigla siya nitong kinausap na papasok sila sa loob ng hotel.

After a few seconds, Alana was back and was walking towards her. Ngumiti naman ito.

"Thank you for waiting, kinuha ko lang iyong susi," The old woman reasoned out as she opened the two doors behind her. The lights were then on and Alana went inside the room first. She then gestured Sky to go inside as well.

Namamanghang pinagmasdan naman ni Sky ang kwarto na pinasukan nila. It wasn't just any ordinary room - the room was full of beautiful and shiny jewelries.

"We actually own this hotel, the royal family, this hotel is actually old and it's sort of a family heritage place," Alana started, "This room is where we keep my jewelry collections, generations by generations... Although I own most of them, I let Rania at Arya borrow some of my jewelries, especially the tiaras," She added as she and Sky both roamed around, looking at the collections.

They suddenly stopped at the glass box, covering some emerald green jewelries. Emerald green necklaces, bracelets, earrings and rings were being displayed. Sky also got amazed by the emerald green tiara being wore by black mannequin head. It looked surreal. The color of the ring that Izo gave her matched with them.

"Emerald green has been a sentimental stone for the Omari dynasty," The Queen Mother suddenly said. Hinarap naman siya nito, "You're already married with my apo, am I right?"

Sky was again taken aback with what she just said. No one knows about their secret wedding, it was only her, Izo and Rahim and Rahim assured her that he'll never disclose about their marriage to anyone.

"Uhm, your majesty--"

"Hush, don't be formal, Izo and Arya calls me Nanang and you're part of the family now, Nanang would do."

"Uhm, Nanang... Ano..."

"I was right," Natatawang napailing naman ito sa kanya, "Izo is really just like his grandfather. Laging nasusunod ang gusto."

"Sorry po..." Sky awkwardly replied and looked down.

"Don't be. I just know you two were married the moment I saw the ring on you. You know why?" Alana then squeezed her arm.

"Alaric, my deceased husband, the former king, also gave me an emerald ring," She started, showing Sky the emerald ring she was wearing on her finger, "Do you know the moment he proposed to me, nagpakasal kami kaagad? I was just shocked, all of a sudden, dumating iyong wedding presider to officiate our wedding. It was so fast but still the happiest moment of my life... and I remembered that memory all over again when I saw the ring on you. Then I realized, Izo and Alaric are really so much alike."

Sky smiled sheepishly at the old woman, "Segurista po yata silang dalawa. Para hindi na po tayo makawala," She commented and Alana laughed, it was vibrant.

"Sinabi mo pa. Mahihilig sa mabilisan," Hinarap naman siya nito, "Kailan niyo balak sasabihin, hija?"

"Uhm," She bit her lip, "We planned to tell everyone after I finished medicine po sana..."

Bigla naman silang natahimik na dalawa.

"Are you ready to be a Queen, Sky?"

"P-po?"

"After three years, Mohammed and Rania will retire, Izrael will take over the throne and be the new King of Morocco. You'll automatically be a Queen. Are you ready?"

Hindi naman siya nakapagsalita.

"I know Izo loves you so much, I also like you for him, hija. You make my apo happy. Alam mo bang mas ngumingiti na 'yan ngayon dahil sayo? Izo was always this uptight and serious kid. He was bestowed with so much responsibilities since he was young - because he's the crown prince and soon will be a king. Then you came into his life and everything in him became brighter. Arya keeps talking about you, how you were this smart and strong independent woman who got her older brother whipped so badly. From that, I even like you more."

"But then I know you also have dreams, you love your career. Pinaghirapan mo ang lahat ng iyon - and I do understand that. But are you willing to sacrifice your dreams to be with Izrael?"

Sky still remained silent. Napayuko naman siya. For that moment, her dreams suddenly were crashing down on her. Becoming a doctor, especially on becoming a surgeon... wearing the white coat while walking through the hospital walls...

"When I married Alaric and became his Queen, I have to sacrifice all the things that I love, I was a college professor. Even though I love teaching so much, I have to quit when I married my husband, I have to quit it to become a Queen. Rania, Izo's mother, before becoming a Queen, was one of the popular Moroccan actresses. She had to quit acting to be with Mohammed. We sacrificed the careers that we love so that we can also be with the men that we love too. Mag-iiba na kasi ang mga responsibilidad mo kapag naging parte ka na ng pamilya."

"After three years, when Izrael is the king, are you willing to be a queen as well, Sky?"

[Part 2 of 3]

●●●

If you are Sky, what would you answer?

Comment!