79

Royally Scandalous

#79

●●●

"Have I ever told you that you never fail  to get me whipped so bad?"

Skylar smiled when she heard the familiar voice coming from the back. She looked back and saw her husband in her shiny black tux which almost makes him irresistible not to look at. They were currently at one of the hotel's suite room. The birthday ball for the Queen Mother was already done and most of the guests, including the royal family booked rooms where to stay for the night.

"Maharot," She commented, giving a light giggle, "Come here."

She gestured him to join her at the room's balcony. Sumunod naman ito at nilapitan siya. When he was already near him, she wrapped her arms around his neck and his arms were on her waist.

That night was eventful. She finally met Izo's family - whom were all royals. She got to see the glitz of being a royalty for a moment - where every eyes were set on them. Where she has to be prim and proper and exhibit elegance towards the guests, the reporters and the public who welcomed her at the first part of the ball. Their every move were being watched...

She stared at her husband's blue eyes while still holding each other. Then she remembered her talk with Nanang. On whether she is ready to give up her career and be Izo's queen... a question she couldn't answer until now.

She worked hard on what she had become today. Pinaghirapan niyang makapasa sa MCAT at makapasok sa Stanford Medical School. She worked her ass off so much so she could pass the first year of medicine, now, in her year 2, konting panahon na lang at nasa med-proper (clerkship) na siya - meaning she's going to start her classes and duty in a hospital next year.

"What are you thinking?" He suddenly asked softly. She sighed and gave him a tight smile.

"I love you," She said instead, "I just want you to know that I love you so much whether you're a prince or just a normal person. It'll never change..."

Izo smiled as well, "And I love you more, doctor."

Natawa naman siya sa sinabi nito. Then she tiptoed and kissed him on the lips. Izrael responded to it and held her close. After a few seconds, she hugged him.

"Izo," She took a deep breath while hugging him more, "I want to be a doctor..." She closed her eyes. Even before he came to the picture, even though it was a very unconventional way to go to medschool, she started loving it. She started to enjoy studying medicine and she started to dream to become a doctor - a surgeon to be exact.  It was her plan, not anymore because of Wesley - but because she loves to see herself wearing those white coats in the future.

Hindi naman ito nagsalita matapos ang sinabi niya. Instead, she felt him kissing the side of her forehead.

"I know, habibi," He replied and somehow his voice was calm and secretly supportive, "And you'll become one in the future."

She freed herself from the hug and put her gaze on him, "I love you, I really do with all my heart and I've always wanted to marry you too. I'd never see myself marrying somebody else besides you... and I married you 'cause I love you so much that I don't want to lose you."

"But Izo..." She sighed again, "I want to be a doctor... I want to work in a hospital and save lives. I want to operate my own surgery..."

"You will and I will be proudest, I'll be your secret fan..." Izo replied, cupping her face with a smile. Skylar Reese couldn't help but to giggle with what he said.

"Sometimes, I think I don't deserve you," She added, "And... with all this, I don't know if I'm really suitable for royalty... I'm not sure if I'm ready to be a Queen, Izo," She told him truthfully. Ito naman ang napabuntong-hininga. He kissed her lips for one second that she almost gasped when he parted.

"I'm not still a king and we still have years to figure it out, love. Who knows what will the future bestow on us? But one thing for sure, you're going to be a doctor and I'm still going to love you. I'll still be on your side and still be your husband. I'll stay with you always..." Then he cupped her face with both hands. Sky stared at him and somehow noticed his eyes needed assurance.

"I just want you to stay with me too," He pleaded, "No matter what would happen, you're still going to be my wife and you're still going to love me."

She felt her heart wrenched because of his words. She closed her eyes and nodded.

"We're in this together, I'm still going to be your wife and I'll still love you... no. I  love you, Izrael Ali Omari and that will never change."

Tomorrow, she's going back to Stanford.

[Part 3 of 3]

●●●

#WomenEmpowerment

Let's salute to all the women who work hard every day for the careers they love.