76

Royally Scandalous

#76

●●●

"Rahim, sorry if you have to come with me," Sky apologized the moment they arrived at Dar al-Makhzen palace, the official residence of the Moroccan royal family. After her one week honeymoon with Izo, they finally decided to go back to the capital city where the royal family resides. She and Izo rode in different cars to avoid suspicions from the public. Mas nauna itong dumating sa kanya sa palasyo - then Izo told her that he's going to meet his family first since he didn't go home from his military work last week. Iniwan siya nito sa pangangalaga ni Rahim - and instructed the old man to do a briefing for her. Izo then promised her that he'll be back in the evening to fetch her. Mamayang gabi, his Nanang's 85th birthday ball will be held. She'll be his date.

"Don't be sorry," Rahim replied, smiling, "You're part of the royal family now. You're the crown prince's wife, making you a princess too - and soon to be queen. Congratulations, your highness. I hope you enjoyed your honeymoon."

Napaawang naman ang mga labi niya matapos ang sinabi nito.

Dumating na rin sila sa isang kwarto. It looked like a guest room and for her, it was too big for just being a guest room. Pagdating pa nga lang niya kanina sa loob ng palasyo, she couldn't help but to admire everything inside. The palace's surroundings screams regal and royal.

"Am I princess?" She asked Rahim, almost a whisper. Parang hindi pa rin siya makapaniwala sa nangyayari.

"Yes, you are. You married Prince Izrael Ali - as per Moroccan monarchy, automatically making you a princess and a queen if Prince Izrael will be crowned king in the future."

"Oh my god," She reacted, covering her mouth in shock, "But Rahim, we... planned to keep this marriage a secret first and we'll probably announce it after I'll become a doctor."

Naloloka na naman siya!

Mukhang nakalimutan niyang maisip na kapag ikinasal siya kay Izo ay awtomatiko na pala siyang parte ng royal family.

"I know and your secret will be kept, your highness."

"Oh god," Napaupo na lang siya sa kama sa likod niya, "I can't believe this..."

"Your highness, what do you mean?"

"Rahim, don't call me your highness, just Sky. I mean, I'm not still used to being called like that... and I don't know how this royalty thing works."

Napangiti naman ito, "That is why Prince Izo instructed me to give you a briefing."

"Huh?"

"You'll be meeting the royal family later at the ball, you're going to meet the King and Queen of Morocco, Izo's parents, Princess Arya, his younger sister and most especially, the Queen Mother, Alana, the birthday celebrant."

Parang naman siyang nakaramdam ng pananakit ng ulo nang marinig ang mga pangalan ng pamilya ni Izo. For the first time, she's finally going to meet his family in person - the Royal Family of Morocco. And these people aren't normal - nor just any kind of rich family - they're royalty.

She even once searched that the one of the top ten richest royal families in the world is Izrael's family. Mas mayaman pa ang pamilya nito kesa kina Queen Elizabeth II ng United Kingdom.

"I will give you some instructions on what to do and what not when you meet the royal family - after that, the royal stylists will help you in choosing a gown to wear, your hair and your make-up. Prince Izo will be with you after everything's done."

"When you meet the royals, never offer to shake hands with them, unless they'll offer it first," Rahim added, "You must curtsy to all of them, especially the King and Queen and the Queen Mother."

"They all sound scary," Sky commented. Mas lalo ata siyang kinabahan dahil sa mga sinasabi nito.

Rahim let out a light laugh, "They're good people, Sky. You don't have to worry."

"Rahim, do they know I once slapped Izo in our first meeting? My god, what if ma-ungkat iyon?"

"I believe they already forgot about that issue," He answered her casually.

"What about the maliit ang titi thing? You even know it!"

Oh my god talaga! Feeling nga niya kilala siya sa Morocco as Miss Titi!

"And also, what if they won't like me? I'm a commoner. Not even a Moroccan."

"They're going to because they don't have a choice," Rahim smiled at her, giving her reassurance, "Izo married you and I know he'll protect you at any cost."

"And I am sure of that because you're the only woman who got the prince whipped so hard and bad that he was once willing to abdicate his throne."

●●●

One question, who do you think will compromise, Sky, giving up her dream and become a Queen or Izo, abdicating everything (his throne as a king and his royal status?)

Comment!