Chapter 3

Olivia's POV

"Get back to class Ashley." The familiar husky voice demanded.

Ashley lowered her hands from my waist, but not before smashing her plump lips against mine. I quickly pulled away from her and wiped my mouth on the back of my sleeve.

"I told you to get back to class now Ashley." Miss Jauregui said with a firm voice.

"Sorry Miss Jauregui. I just wanted to make sure Liv was okay." Ashley said walking towards the entrance of the bathroom. She turned around before exiting and looked at me. "I will talk to you later."

She winked at me and left the room hurrying herself back to the classroom.

"Olivia, I don't appreciate you interrupting my class like that. It was very careless of you to be biting your pen." She stated as she raised her eyebrows looking at me.

My gaze fell to the floor as I nodded, agreeing to her words.

"Apologies Miss. Jauregui. It won't happen again." I mumbled.

"Speak up Olivia. I can't hear a word you are saying." She demanded, "and look at me when you are talking." I gulped and looked up at her.

"Sorry." I said quickly.

"Just get back to class. Don't interrupt my class again, that was very selfish of you." She said ushering me out of the door.

I hurried back to class trying to not get worked up by her harsh words. It was an accident. As I entered the class all eyes were on me. I looked at the floor and made my way back to my group of friends.

"Are you okay!" Dinah exclaimed looking at me, "for someone so smart you can be very stupid." She added. I smiled at her slightly and nodded agreeing with her words. I really am an idiot sometimes.

Miss Jauregui entered the class, her presence earning all the attention from the students.

"Back to what I was saying before we were rudely interrupted." She said, her eyes lingering on me. She continued to go through the worksheet she handed out prior to my idiotic act. I tried to focus on what she was saying.

"Olivia! Do you not learn! Get that bloody pen out of your mouth!" Miss Jauregui boomed from the front of the classroom. I heard the quiet laughs and whispers from my fellow classmates. Tears quickly filled my eyes.

"I'm sorry Miss Jauregui. It is just a habit." I said trying to keep my emotions under control.

"Well, what a bad habit that is. Don't let me catch you doing that again." She growled. I nodded. My lip is already starting to tremble. I really wish I wasn't so sensitive.

"She doesn't mean to do it Miss Jauregui." Ally argued, holding my hand in a comforting way.

"This doesn't concern you Allyson" Miss Jauregui scolded. Ally rolled her eyes and looked at me sympathetically.

"I won't do it again." I said my voice trembling with every word. The young teacher nodded and turned away from me and started to teach again. Ally squeezed my hand as Dinah and Normani started to try to comfort me quietly.

I hated having all of this attention on me. Ashley turned around and smiled at me. Her smile was always my favourite and made me feel happy and safe. I gave her a small smile in return.

The bell rang, stealing my attention away from my enticing ex lover.

"I would like to see you after class Olivia." Miss Jauregui demanded. I trembled slightly at her harsh tone and slowly packed away my belongings into my bag.

"We will wait for you by your locker." Normani said, glancing between me and our teacher. I nodded and she left with my two other friends. I turned and looked at the intimidating teacher. She pulled a chair in front of her desk and instructed me to sit. I hurried over to the seat and sat down quickly.

"Olivia, you have been very rude today. I don't know if you are always as attention seeking as you were today, but if you interrupt the learning of other students again I will have to punish you. Do you understand?" She said calmly.

"I understand Miss Jauregui. I won't let it happen again." I responded.

"That's all for now. You may leave."

With that, I quickly hurried off to my locker to meet my friends.