Chapter 44

Olivia's POV

Monday. More like the devil's day. I always thought that as the school year progresses waking up early to attend school would become much easier, but that idea was a whole load of nonsense. I angrily pressed the button on my phone to stop the vexatious alarm from blaring. I really need to learn how to be a morning person. Is that even something that can be learnt? I will just have to train my brain to enjoy mornings.

My mum enters my room in one swift movement scaring the living daylights out of me. I shrieked in fear and then groaned in annoyance. She just laughed at the response.

"Come on girly. It's such a beautiful day outside today. Aren't you excited to go to school and see your girlfriend Lauren? You should invite her home so we can meet her." My mum rambled.

"Mum, way too early for all of this." I mumbled and pulled my blue duvet back over my head. My mum laughed lightly before pulling my duvet completely off me. I shuddered slightly as the morning cool air hit my body through my thin pyjamas. She tapped my thigh before standing up and looking at me.

"Get up." She said before leaving. I rolled myself out of bed and picked my duvet up off the floor before shutting and locking my bedroom door so I could change in peace without any unwanted visits from my mother.

I stood in front of the closet, my previous home, and pondered looking at the abundance of clothes that I never wear before deciding on the same hoodie and black jeans that I normally wear to school. I really don't know why I own half of the clothes that I do, I wear about five percent of the articles of clothing that I own. I just know that I am an impulse buyer and shopping with Mani makes me worse.

I quickly changed and headed to the bathroom to complete my morning routine before joining my parents for breakfast. My mum gave me a cheery morning greeting acting as if she hadn't already bombarded me this morning and my dad grumbled out a grouchy "morning." I giggled to myself. That definitely explains where I get my opinions on mornings from. I responded to the both of them with a quiet morning before joining my dad and the breakfast counter.

My mum placed a bowl of porridge and a banana in front of me. I grumbled quietly; I was not in the mood for porridge. I felt my dad kick me giving me a stern look. I sighed and quickly thanked my mum. She grinned back before sitting down with her egg and bacon sandwich. Me and my dad looked at each other in annoyance. Why did she get such a delightful breakfast while I am stuck with eating slop?

"Well, eat up you two." She said smiling taking a big bite of her breakfast. I picked up my spoon and started to eat the sloppy food. Eating this felt like a punishment.

"So, Olivia, when are you inviting Lauren over?" My mum said. I rolled my eyes at her question. My mother is one of the most stubborn persistent person I have ever met. I just know that she will not drop this subject until she has met Lauren. Although, technically she has already met Lauren and that meeting did not go well.

"Mum, I have said multiple times. Lauren and I are not ready to be meeting each other's parents. We want to take things slowly." I responded. I just hope that she will understand, although I know that she won't.

"I know the girls have already met her, so why can't we. What is so different between us and them?" My mum asks sill munching on her delicious looking breakfast. I hope she spills sauce down her white shirt, and it stains.

"Please can we just drop the subject of Lauren. When me and her are ready to move our relationship to the next level I will let you know." I responded. She rolled her eyes.

"You never answered my question." She answered. I stared at the glass in front of me intensively. Sometimes I wish I had the powers of Matilda so I could knock this glass over and spill the contents all over my mother. That would end the conversation and I would thoroughly enjoy watching it happen. I giggled at my own childish thoughts making my mother stare at me like I'm crazy.