Chapter 21

Olivia's POV

After spending a few hours with the girls, I went home to my mother. She was not happy with me at all. Principal Smith caught me walking out of detention. It's ridiculous, it's not like I could tell anyone the truth anyway. We all decided that I won't say anything about what happened between Lauren and I, not until I allow her to explain herself. Like Ally said, she may have been having a bad day and I can't ruin her life over a three second kiss. Although I was not looking forward to discussing this with her tomorrow.

I don't know what I am even going to say to her. I'm hoping I won't need to say anything, and she can explain herself, I will forgive her, and we'll both forget what happened. If I can forget. I can't stop thinking about the kiss, the way her lips felt against mine. I shouldn't be thinking these things. Not about her. We are just lucky that we didn't get caught and that my friends definitely won't tell anyone about this.

This is driving me insane; I can't sleep. The constant stress of tomorrow's events replaying on my mind. Her eyes, her lips, her voice I can't get them out of my brain. Her pleading voice calling my name repeating itself over and over. I am an idiot. Why did I run away from her? Why didn't I just talk it through with her then and there? I loudly groaned and shoved my face into a pillow. I have a tendency of overreacted to situations I'm not entirely comfortable in. It is one of my many flaws.

I wonder if I will ever be able to feel her lips against mine again. No. I need to stop thinking about these things. What I need is a girlfriend, someone to distract me from my enticing teacher.

I rolled over in my bed and picked my phone up from my bedside table. I squinted at the screen until my eyes adjusted to the bright light that illuminated my bedroom. 3am. Just great, which one of my friends would be up at 3am. None of them. I groaned and placed it back down and flopped back onto my bed closing my eyes hoping that sleep consumes me soon.

"Liv! What happened to you? You look like shit!" Dinah said as she caught me, I trudged towards her and rolled my tired burning eyes.

"I couldn't sleep." I said bluntly. I almost forgot about Lauren until I saw her standing by her door. She was staring at me. She looked scared. The fear on her face broke me. I need to talk to her now, give her some peace of mind. She looked away from me and politely greeted some students.

"I will be back DJ." I said cutting her off from whatever she was telling me. I rubbed my eyes and tried to make myself look a little more presentable. As I walked towards Lauren, I felt like I was going to be sick. Nerves. I took a few deep breaths before tapping her shoulder gently a few times. She jumped, startled but the contact.

"Can we talk?" I asked quietly. She nodded and led me into her classroom.

"Olivia, I'm so sorry. I don't know what overcame me." She said.

"I won't tell the Principal what happened Lauren."

She looked relieved.

"I tried to explain to Principal Smith that you felt unwell which is why you left early but he wasn't buying it." She said. I smiled at her, grateful for her attempts.

"It's okay. I shouldn't have overreacted like that."

"No, you didn't overreact. I would have done the same if I were you." She said, giving me a small smile.

"Well, it's not every day the most attractive teacher kisses you." I said. The smile on her face grew.

"You think I'm attractive." She said. I just laughed.

"Lauren, everyone in this school thinks you're attractive. And yes, I think you are very beautiful"

"Thank you. You are very beautiful." She said making me blush. I just shook my head at her.

"I mean it. You are beautiful." I just looked down.

"Why did you kiss me?" I asked boldly. I heard her sigh.

"I don't really know. I won't let it happen again." She said

"What if I want it to happen again?" I said. She looked shocked at what I said and to be quite honest I have no idea where the confidence came from.

"Well, do you want it to happen again?" She questioned stepping closer to me. I thought about it. Do I really want to kiss Lauren? I bit my lip and looked into her green eyes.

"Do you?" She asked again, taking another step towards me. Our bodies are almost touching. I could feel her warm breath on my face. I just froze, unable to speak, unable to move. She raised her perfect eyebrows and motioned for me to answer her. All I could do was nod. She immediately rested her hand on my cheek and leant down to me. This time I met her halfway and placed my lips on hers. My hands found their way to her waist. She placed a hand on my lower back and pulled my body closer to hers.

To say the kiss was amazing was a complete understatement. It was perfect, the best kiss I have ever experienced. Although it was cut short due to a student knocking on her classroom.

She pulled away quickly and fixed her appearance and I did the same. I opened the door to her classroom and politely smiled at the teacher before thanking Lauren for her time.

"Damn girl, what happened in there?" DJ said looking at me with raised eyebrows. I looked confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You look all flustered Livvy. Are you okay?" Ally said. I just nodded not trusting my voice. I wanted to keep this kiss a secret.

"There you are Olivia. Please can you come to my office." I heard Principal Smith say. I just nodded and said bye to the girls.

As soon as we arrived at his office, he told me to sit and questioned me as to why I left early. I told him what Lauren told me was her excuse. I wasn't feeling very well. Although he did not believe a word I was saying. Luckily, he let me off with just a warning and no extra detentions. I don't think Mani would forgive me if she had to ride the bus for an extra week.