Chapter 27

Lauren's POV

I walked into the school a little later than I normally would, the entrance was already crowded with giggling students. I inwardly groaned, I love being a teacher don't get me wrong, but being this joyful in the morning is honestly alarming, especially as we are at school. I soon realised that they were all laughing at something that was plastered all over the walls. I quickly walked closer to inspect what was so funny to all these students. 

Pictures of Olivia covered the walls, homophobic slurs written over her face. Horrified, I ripped one of the walls and began demanding answers from nearby students. How dare they treat a fellow classmate like this. I've heard of bullying but whoever did this took it to a completely new level. This was a complete violation to her. 

The nearby students weren't giving me the answers I needed so I went to others, demanding them the same way. A chorus of I don't know just came out their mouths. I frustratedly shoved my way through them raising my voice as I questioned others.

"WHO DID THIS?" I yelled at one of the students and shoved the picture in his face. His eyes widened and he shrugged. I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned quickly and saw Principal Smith. I dropped the picture as he guided me to his office. On my way, I saw Olivia standing there. I knew she was clueless as to what was happening to her by the look on her beautiful face. I just wanted to hold her and tell her that it was okay. She was okay. 

As soon as me and the Principal were in his office, he immediately began to question me about my behaviour and how unprofessional I reacted to whatever the situation was. He didn't understand though, he hasn't battled the demons Olivia and I have. 

As his speech ended, it was my turn to talk. I explained the situation and what was happening merely a few metres away. I gradually got my point across and his once stern face softened. 

"We need to go out there and help her." I said, my voice failing me with a few cracks as I spoke. I didn't want her to go through this alone. I needed her to know that I was always here for her. I will help her through this. He only nodded and we made our way to the packed hallways.

As soon as I stepped into the hallway, I could hear the mocking laughter. I saw Liv in Ally's arms comforting the innocent girl as best as she could. It broke my heart to watch her go through something so traumatic. If she wasn't ashamed of who she was before she definitely will be ashamed now. 

"GO TO CLASS NOW!" Principal Smith yelled, catching my attention. I saw Ally give Olivia a kiss on the cheek, her face cringing slightly wiping her mouth as she pulled away. I could see a tiny smile appear on Liv's face. I turned my attention away from her and scanned the horrible pictures that painted the hall. 

"Olivia, will you please come into my office." Principal Smith said. She nodded and walked towards him, Normani interjecting saying that the girls want to join her. I smiled slightly, at least her friends were with her and completely accepted her. I knew they would help her through this tough time, they could be with her and there for her when I couldn't be and that gave me hope that she was going to be okay. I automatically walked into Principals Smiths office so that I could help him encourage her to discuss what had happened. I hoped that my presence gave her some security and would help her open up to us and the situation. 

I was still anxious about the situation; I didn't know how Olivia would truly feel after what had happened.

I didn't know what came over me, but as soon as she entered I rushed over to her and wrapped my arms tightly around her. She hugged me back and I gently ran my fingers through her hair and kissed her temple gently. Something my mother would do to calm me down, I just hoped that it gave her that same comfort feeling. I wanted to ask her if she was okay, but I know it was an obvious answer. She was not okay. I still asked anyway, my voice cracking slightly. I tried to stay strong for her.