Chapter 45

Olivia's POV

As soon as Ashley walked away from us, we all made our ways to class in hopes of not being late. Fortunately, Ally and I had made it to our class just in time, I really don't want to start this day off with getting into trouble. We sat down ready for the boring class to begin; I really cannot wait until I graduate which is only four months away.

Although, I am looking forward to graduating, the whole idea of what comes after high school gives me a whole load of anxiety. I have started to apply for Universities, but I'm not sure if that is truly something I want. I think it doesn't help that I will be far away from everyone I love, as me and the girls have all applied to multiple different universities that are in various spots around the country. I will also be away from Lauren and although we haven't been together for a long enough time for me to warrant staying where I am for her, I still feel a really strong connection to her and the thought of not seeing her every week really breaks my heart.

"Olivia are you paying attention." Mr Bennett asked. Obviously not I thought. Well at least I thought I said it in my head. His booming voice telling me to leave his classroom and wait outside definitely confirmed that I hadn't. I groaned and made my way outside of his class, the snickers from my fellow classmates could be heard as I passed them.

"I will be out to talk to you in a minute. Don't you dare even think about leaving." He commanded. I nodded before making my way out of the door. I rested my back against the wall of his classroom trying to entertain myself whilst I waited for him.

"What did you do now?" Lauren asked in a playful way. I smirked at her slightly.

"I talked back to the teacher." I bluntly told her. She just chuckled and walked closer to me. Her finger grazed my neck right over the hickey she gave me.

"You should really learn how to behave." She said quietly. I gulped slightly as she got even closer to me.

"I don't want to have to punish you." She whispered into my ear. I inhaled a sharp breath trying to rid the dirty thoughts from my brain, I could feel my cheeks heating up. Lauren pulled away and giggled adorably. I will never understand how she can go from sexy to cute in a matter of seconds. She quickly grabbed my cheeks and pecked my lips softly.

"Although detention doesn't sound so painstakingly boring." She said against my lips. She pulled away and took a step back from me with a smirk on her beautiful face.

"What can we do that's fun in your classroom?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

"I can think of a few things." She said winking at me. My cheeks flushed red for the second time and she giggled again.

The classroom door abruptly swung open forcing Lauren to create more distance between the two of us. She politely greeted Mr. Bennett as he walked out of the classroom before telling him she needed to go to the teachers lounge. He smiled at her before looking at me, the smile immediately dropping from his face. My good mood plummeted knowing that I was now going to be scolded for a complete misunderstanding.

"Do you think it's acceptable to talk to me like that?" He asked loudly. I noticed he had left the door wide open so that all the students inside could hear his stern chat with me. I decided that I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of embarrassing me in front of my peers. I was already in trouble, so getting into a bit more trouble wouldn't harm me.

"Do you think it's acceptable to teach such a boring topic." I spoke just as loud as he did, I could hear some of the students inside his classroom gasp and others laughed. I smiled, satisfied.

"A week's detention and if you argue you will get longer. Do you understand?" He said. I groaned and rolled my eyes. Not even bothering to answer him I walked into his classroom and made my way back to my seat. He walked into his classroom and began teaching, not before giving me an intimidating glare, well at least he thought it was intimidating. I bit my lip trying not to laugh at his attempt to scare me. Once he began his boring lecture Ally caught my attention. I gave her a sheepish smile and she just glared back at me shaking her head. I slumped in my seat, fearing the smaller lady. Ally was much more intimidating than Mr. Bennett. I turned my gaze back to Mr. Bennett and his awful PowerPoint presentation. I don't understand why teachers think that using the transitions between the PowerPoint slides makes the lesson more interesting, those are only cool for twelve-year olds and their homework assignments.