Chapter 40

Olivia's POV

It's been a few weeks since my first date with Lauren and things between us have been really great. We, and by we, I mean Lauren, has planned another date tonight. This will be our fourth date. Even though this is our fourth date I am still incredibly nervous. 

Lauren has gotten a little closer with the girls and even exchanged numbers a few days ago. I wasn't so keen on the idea of it all, but the more I thought about it the more I realised that I did want them all to be friends. It would make things between us all much easier. I think it has also helped the girls realise that Lauren is a genuinely sweet individual and isn't out to harm anyone. 

The bullying at school is actually now almost non-existent with the odd homophobic slur thrown my way by Ashley and her close friends, although they can't be that close if Ashley hasn't told them the truth about us. In fact it has been that good that a few more students have even "come out" and I couldn't have been prouder of them all even if I didn't know them all personally. They all saw the backlash I got, and they still had enough confidence to come to terms with who they are. 

I think the craziest thing that has happened was the number of girls asking me on dates. Lauren wasn't too pleased with all the attention that was suddenly on me, but I told her that I didn't have eyes for anyone but her. Although, me and Lauren still aren't officially girlfriends. I really want to ask Lauren to be mine, but I am too damn nervous. Each time I try to get the confidence I just look at her stunning green eyes and automatically melt. I am also not sure that Lauren even wants to be official with me. I am still her student. I don't know if she wants to wait until I graduate which will be in a few months, or if she really doesn't see this going any further than it already has gone. 

My parents have been nagging me constantly about Lauren, they both have a very strong desire to meet her, although I cannot allow that to happen for obvious reasons. I keep making up a load of excuses, but I am starting to run out of ideas. I have tried to deter them away from the idea by saying that Lauren is yet to come out. I am just hoping that it works as I don't know how long I can keep what is happening between my teacher and I a secret. 

Getting ready for my date with Lauren is a lot easier now the girls are talking to Lauren as it meant that she would tell them where she is taking me, and they could find me an acceptable outfit for the date. Right now, Mani and Ally are arguing over two choices whilst DJ helps me sort out my hair. The two continue to bicker until DJ steps in and chooses a completely different outfit, thrusting it towards me before shoving me in the direction of the bathroom. I giggled at the annoyed looks on the other two girls' faces; they definitely were not pleased by Dinah's actions. 

I scurried to the bathroom not wanting to be around whilst they included Dinah in their arguments. I got ready and stood back a little to take in the outfit. It wasn't too bad. I sighed and tried to keep the negative thoughts away. I didn't need that right now. I bit my lip and made my way back into my bedroom capturing the attention of the three girls. They stood up and hurried over to me. 

"You look amazing!" Ally commented whilst fixing my shirt. 

"Damn, you do look stunning." Mani stated and started to fix my hair. Dinah smirked at me a little. I looked slightly confused at her. Why was she pulling that face? 

"Lauren is going to love it." DJ said. I instantly rolled my eyes. 

"Lauren! Is she coming over?" My mum said as she walked into my bedroom. I instantly glared at Dinah for saying her name. The name Lauren was like a magnet for my mum at the moment. If you say it out loud, she will automatically appear. It was like a magic word.

"No mum. I am meeting her for a date." I said. 

"Well, invite her back here afterwards. I want to meet her." My mum stated. I could see the other girls tense up at my mum's words. We all didn't know how to get around it anymore. I groaned quietly; I didn't want my mum to see my frustration.