Chapter 23

Olivia's POV

"Hurry up! I'm hungry!" I said before turning around and knocking a person onto the floor.

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry." I said before helping up the girl. She just giggled and brushed herself off.

"It's okay. I was in a rush as well." She said smiling at me.

"I'm Sam." She introduced herself, holding her hand out for me to shake which I kindly accepted before introducing myself to her. She was very beautiful, not as beautiful as a certain green-eyed teacher, but was definitely quite nice to look at. Her eyes were a deep blue that matched Ashley's. I inwardly groaned, there are now two girls that I need to get over now. Miss Jauregui and Ashley.

The other girls walked over and smirked at me making me roll my eyes and push them away slightly. Sam introduced herself to the other girls and they did the same.

"Do you want to join us?" Ally asked her politely.

"I'm actually here with someone. It's our first date." She said with a cheery smile.

"Going to the carnival as a first date is so cute!" Mani squealed.

"That's what I thought. She is so amazing." Sam commented.

"Where is she?" I asked looking around for what could be her date.

"I'm not too sure. I did go towards the food carts in quite a rush." She said, making me laugh.

"Sam. What would you like to eat?" I heard a familiar voice say

"Oh, here she is! Guys meet Lauren." Sam said, pulling Lauren towards her. Lauren looked at me and scratched the back of her neck, her smile faltering slightly. I felt Ally put her hand in mine giving it a little squeeze. Ally knew the truth about my feelings for Lauren, I didn't have the courage to tell the other two girls.

"Miss Jauregui!" Dinah said rather loudly. Sam immediately looked confused and looked between the five of us.

"Lauren is our music teacher." Mani said.

"I would definitely show up to that class if I was still in school." Sam flirtatiously said before placing her hand on Lauren's forearm. I quickly looked away from the pair. The hunger I felt before quickly left. All I wanted to do was go home.

I heard Lauren chuckle her stare on me. I couldn't make eye contact with the older girl afraid of the emotion that may escape. I masked my despair with a smile telling them that I was happy for them. Two girls completely clueless of the regret I had towards my decision with Lauren offered them both to join us. Ally immediately had my back and told the DJ and Mani that it wouldn't be fair for us to intrude on their first date. Fortunately for me they agreed, and we bid our farewells, not before Lauren asked to speak with me.

Ally agreed on my behalf angering me slightly. I didn't want to talk to her, I didn't want to ruin her date. I groaned quietly and followed Lauren to the side where we could talk with a little more privacy.

"I'm sorry." She quickly blurted out. I just smiled at her.

"Lauren, there is no need to be sorry."

"You looked so sad though. I feel like I hurt you." Her face portrays concern. I knew that the truth was not what needed to be said right now.

"I'm fine Lauren. Just a little tired. We have been here for hours now." I said trying to make light of the situation. She did giggle cutely and nodded at me.

"If you are sure that you are okay then we better get back. I don't want to keep my date waiting." She said looking at Sam with a smile. Her words hit me like a bullet. I quickly put up my façade and smiled at her.

"Good luck Lauren." I said walking away before she could say anything else. I joined the girls and they immediately bombarded me with questions about Lauren and our talk. Questions I didn't want to answer. I lied to them and told them that she wanted to discuss schoolwork. They knew I was lying but dropped the subject pulling me towards the food carts.

As we were waiting in line, I could see Lauren and Sam sat very close together, Sam feeding Lauren the sweet treat. I looked away not wanting to witness the affection they were already showing one another. They didn't look like this was their first date, it looked like they had been together for some time now. I guess when you connect with someone that is how it is.

"Earth to Liv!" Mani said, waving her hand in front of my face grabbing my attention.

"What do you want?" She said pointing to the menu. I just shook my head; she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and turned to look where my attention was. Lauren and Sam kissing. Disgusting.

"I've lost my appetite." I muttered and walked away from the girls. I heard my name being called but I just ignored them. I need to get over her, not that we were even together in the first place. Why am I so stupid? We shared one kiss, well two if you count the first time, she kissed me. She already admitted why she did it. I don't need Lauren, I may want her, but I don't need her. Not that she was ever mine, or was she ever going to be mine. Why am I acting like this is a breakup? I am overreacting again.

"Hey, are you alright?" I turned and saw Ashley standing there looking at me with a sad expression on her face. I just nodded. Why is she here? Oh, right because it's the carnival and everyone attends the carnival.

"I know you aren't alright." She placed her hand on my arm and looked at me with her enchanting eyes.

"Then why did you ask?" I said. She just grinned at me.

"I love when you are all sassy." She said. I just rolled my eyes. The girls were still calling me to come back and sit with them.

"Just fuck off Ashley." She looked a bit taken back by my abruptness, but I didn't care. I was not in the mood to be dealing with her today. I knew I was being stupid about Lauren, so I made my way back to the girls. They all gave me big smiles when I returned and started to put food in front of me to eat. I just smiled at them; I don't need anyone else. I've got the most amazing friends ever, who needs Lauren Jauregui.