Chapter 35

Olivia's POV

"We are here." Lauren announced, parking her car. I looked out of the window and saw we were parked near a cliff edge. Dinah was right, Lauren is a murderer. She was going to push me off the cliff. What do I do? Is it too late to run? At least they know that I went with Lauren, but they don't know where I am. 

A knock on the window caught my attention, I looked over and saw Lauren looking slightly confused. She opened my door cautiously and asked if I was okay. I just nodded. 

"I just thought it was quite secluded up here-" All the better for her to kill me, "- and we don't want to get caught. I packed us some food. I know this is probably a really lame first date and I am really sorry that I can't take you somewhere fancy-" I blushed slightly; I am ridiculous. I will kill Dinah for even putting those thoughts into my head. I realised I hadn't answered Lauren and she was still rambling about it not being a good first date. 

"Lauren, this is perfect." I blurted out cutting her off. I will try my best not to get lost in my thoughts on this date, I didn't need Lauren worrying like that again. 

"Are you sure? You don't have to just say that to make me feel better." Lauren responded and helped me out of the car. Once I was out of the car and stood up on tip toes placing my hand on her cheek and gently pecked her plump lips. Lauren wrapped her arms around my waist pulling me against her. I could feel her smile into the kiss making me smile as well. Lauren makes me happy and this date sounded perfect. She was right though, we couldn't go anywhere public and risk being caught. 

"It's perfect." I mumbled against her lips. She giggle slightly and gave me a quick kiss before pulling away and going to grab the food she had prepared. 

"Liv, do you think you can grab the blanket from the back of my car?" She called out. I opened the door to the back seats and grabbed the woollen blanket from the bag. 

"Shall we sit over there?" She asked, nodding her head towards a sandy spot at the edge of the cliff. I nodded and walked over to it. 

"Can we not sit too close though." She said. I turned and apologised bringing the blanket further away from the edge. 

"Is this okay?" I asked. She nodded a light blush evident on her cheeks. 

"Are you okay Lauren?" I asked. She bit her lip and nodded.

"It's a little embarrassing but I am slightly afraid of heights." She responded. I giggled and sat down. 

"It's not embarrassing. I am afraid of a lot of things." I told her. She placed the bag down and sat next to me. 

"Yeah, like what?" She asked. 

"I am afraid of chickens." I muttered. Without hesitation Lauren began laughing, throwing her head back. Shortly after I joined in laughing. 

"Oh my god. I'm literally going to throw up." She responded holding her stomach. After a while we soon quietened down and caught our breaths back. 

"You are so cute!" she gushed and poked my nose making me scrunch it up slightly. She giggled at my reaction.

"Can we eat?" I hesitantly asked. She immediately nodded.

"I was just about to ask you if you were hungry. I am starving!" She admitted and started to get the food out. 

"I hope you like it." She said. I looked down at all the dishes she had made, it all looks so delicious my stomach rumbled agreeing with my brain. I heard Lauren giggle and hand me over one of the dishes. 

The rest of the date went really well. We talked, ate, and laughed. Truthfully, we spent most of the time laughing at the other corny jokes or embarrassing situations.

Now, unfortunately Lauren is driving me home. I didn't want this evening to end. I was having such a good time with Lauren. It felt right, like everything could work out between us. Now I know that it is a little too soon for me to be thinking so far into the future, but Lauren makes me feel so comfortable. I can actually relax around her.

"Thank you for the amazing first date Lauren. It was definitely perfect and my favourite date I have ever been on." I gushed out. Although I hadn't been on many dates, Lauren didn't need to know that.

"I had a lot of fun with you Liv." Lauren began, "I was really hoping that you would like to go on a second date with me?" I nodded eagerly, but quickly toned it down making her giggle.

"I would love to." I answered. She pulled up to my house and took my hand gently in hers. 

"I know I have already said this, but I really did have a lot of fun. Do you think I would get caught if I walk you up to your house?" Lauren asked. I bit my lip and looked towards my house. I could see the living room light on, which meant my dad was probably awake and in there. 

"I think my dad is in the front room." I responded whilst turning to look at her. She had a small pout on her face making her look unbelievably adorable. 

"Can I get a goodnight kiss here?" She asked, her voice was all cute and quiet. I giggled quietly and nodded. A wide grin spread across her face as she leant over towards me before placing her lips gently on mine. The kiss was short but sweet, a perfect goodnight kiss. 

"Goodnight Olivia." 

"Goodnight Lauren. Please text me when you get home." 

"Of course." She said with a smile.

I hoped out of her car and made my way up to my house. Just before I entered I turned and looked back to see Lauren was still there. I smiled and gave her a small wave before heading in. 

"Dad! I'm home." I called out. 

"Olivia. Come in here we need to talk."